All Archived Ready to Learn Grants
In October 2011, the Corporation for Public Broadcasting ("CPB") awarded funding to 11 Demonstration Stations ("Cohort #1") to implement Ready To Learn ("RTL") transmedia content in local educational settings to improve the math and literacy skills of children ages two to eight from low-income families ("target children"), as well as provide support to their families and educators. CPB seeks proposals from those 11 Demonstration Stations to:
- continue collaborations with local educational partners and sites from the original project, while expanding the project to include at least one additional partner and site;
- continue working with some of the children who participated in the original project, while engaging additional children from the target children in RTL activities;
- incorporate best practices of transmedia implementation in expanded learning settings;
- pilot test and provide feedback on new RTL resources developed by the RTL Transmedia Content Developer, upon request;
- support a second cohort of RTL Demonstration Stations by participating in webinars, conference calls, and electronic communications, as requested by CPB; and,
- strengthen the Ready To Learn initiative by promoting local project efforts, engaging station and community leaders, and developing a sustainability plan for RTL activities beyond the contract period.
The Corporation for Public Broadcasting ("CPB") is seeking proposals from public media organizations to serve as Demonstration sites for the new Ready To Learn initiative called Expanded Learning Through Transmedia Content, under the U.S. Department of Education Ready To Learn grant (No. U295A100025, CFDA No. 84.295A). CPB expects to fund up to five projects.
The Corporation for Public Broadcasting ("CPB") seeks to fund one (1) Transmedia Learning Content Developer to research, design, and execute a plan for creatively integrating Ready To Learn transmedia content (defined herein) into developmentally-appropriate out-of-school learning resources for children ages four to eight and related materials for their educators and families.
- Closed: May 4, 2012
- Focus: Education, Media Production, Mobile, Multiplatform, Ready to Learn, Research
The Corporation for Public Broadcasting (CPB) is seeking proposals from firms to provide strategic education consulting services to expand and advance CPB's overall education goals. CPB seeks proposals from persons or firms to:
- provide CPB with counsel, guidance and recommendations to inform CPB's education portfolio in key areas of education, including early childhood, k-12, dropout prevention & youth engagement, English Language Learning, and workforce education;
- provide CPB with the necessary information to remain current on new trends in education and on federal and state education policies;
- provide CPB with up-to-date information on upcoming education grant programs;
- review the national and local education services provided by public media and make recommendations on how best to aggregate this information to highlight what works best, ways to scale work and best methods of communicating impact;
- assist CPB with appropriate and effective messaging about public media's education initiatives;
- attend and participate in national education meetings
- Closed: December 21, 2012
- Focus: American Graduate Initiative, Consulting, Education, Ready to Learn
CPB intends to fund public television stations to serve as either Demonstration or Mentor sites for the new Ready To Learn initiative called Expanded Learning Through Transmedia Content, under the U.S. Department of Education Ready To Learn grant (No. U295A100025, CFDA No. 84.295A).
CPB is seeking to fund the development of an innovative interactive game that engages family members and their young children in "literacy practice and play" with the goal of promoting literacy development of children ages 6-8.
- Closed: December 8, 2009
- Focus: Education, Literacy, Ready to Learn, Research and Development, Software
CPB is seeking a highly qualified consultant to serve as the Grant Manager of the organization's future Ready to Learn grant application to the U.S. Department of Education.
CPB is seeking a highly qualified consultant to serve as the Grant Writer of the organization's future Ready to Learn grant application to the U.S. Department of Education.
This Request for Quotes is for a person or firm with experience translating research results into easy-to-understand text for popular audiences to draft up to eight (8) media pieces that CPB can repurpose for various media outlets, stakeholders, and audiences, and write, create, design, and produce a final research report summarizing the activities and findings of the Ready To Learn Initiative.
CPB Ready To Learn Statewide Planning Agreements will provide funding to public broadcasting stations to work in collaboration with state education agencies to assess, align, and integrate research-tested and curriculum-based RTL products and services into early childhood education. This funding opportunity will enable a partnership between Stations and State Education Agencies to design, pilot and execute an initial plan for integrating RTL digital media reading resources into Pre-K through second grade classrooms, and in other learning environments, (e.g., formal and informal child care settings; before and after school programs, etc.). The RTL products and services will be made available to implement throughout the state during the one-year agreement cycle.