Request for Proposals
The American Archive is an ongoing initiative to find, preserve, digitize and eventually support distribution of valuable local radio and television programming that is at risk of being lost. CPB seeks a vendor to facilitate the digitization of audio and video content for the American Archive initiative. The Project is expected to begin around July 1, 2011 and is anticipated to end around December 31, 2012.
The Digitization Project Contractor (DPC) is responsible for the following general activities:
- Receiving, digitizing and storing batches of analog materials for the length of this contract (18 months), and coordinating with inventory participants to receive and return materials;
- Receiving and storing born digital material for the length of this contract (18 months);
- Cleaning of source tapes and digitizing (migrating) approximately 35,000 hours of audio and video content into preservation, mezzanine, and access level files;
- Performing checksums and QC on all migrated materials and processes;
- Generating provenance, preservation and technical metadata and feeding this into the American Archive's central Collection Management System (CMS);
- Making digitized files available to the inventory participants;
- Serving streaming proxy files and feeding the links to these files into the CMS;
- Writing final file packages to data tape and delivering tapes to CPB.