Request for Proposals
In October 2011, the Corporation for Public Broadcasting ("CPB") awarded funding to 11 Demonstration Stations ("Cohort #1") to implement Ready To Learn ("RTL") transmedia content in local educational settings to improve the math and literacy skills of children ages two to eight from low-income families ("target children"), as well as provide support to their families and educators.
CPB seeks proposals from those 11 Demonstration Stations to:
- continue collaborations with local educational partners and sites from the original project, while expanding the project to include at least one additional partner and site;
- continue working with some of the children who participated in the original project, while engaging additional children from the target children in RTL activities;
- incorporate best practices of transmedia implementation in expanded learning settings;
- pilot test and provide feedback on new RTL resources developed by the RTL Transmedia Content Developer, upon request;
- support a second cohort of RTL Demonstration Stations by participating in webinars, conference calls, and electronic communications, as requested by CPB; and,
- strengthen the Ready To Learn initiative by promoting local project efforts, engaging station and community leaders, and developing a sustainability plan for RTL activities beyond the contract period.
The proposed projects must last at least six months, concluding by September 29, 2013.
This project will be funded 100% by the Ready To Learn Cooperative Agreement from the U.S. Department of Education through CPB in the amount of $110,000. This funding is contingent on annual federal appropriations for the Ready To Learn program under the U.S. Department of Education Ready To Learn grant (No. U295A100025, CFDA No. 84.295A).
Only the 11 Demonstration Stations that received funding under the initial round of RTL Demonstration Stations during project period of October 1, 2011 - September 29, 2012 (Cohort #1) are eligible to respond to this RFP.