Alabama Public Television (APT) is seeking a full-time APT Assistant Broadcast Director to handle the operation and maintenance of technical facilities. APT operates 9 transmitter sites with 18 transmitters, over 2200 miles of two-way digital microwave and a satellite distribution network.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Overseeing technical broadcast equipment functions and day-to-day operations and maintenance of designated facilities throughout the state.
- Analysis & diagnosis of equipment problems.
- Maintenance and repair of broadcast equipment and automated control systems.
- Examination & interpretation of technical data for installation, repair and/or modification of equipment.
- Analysis & diagnosis of equipment problems and working toward appropriate timely resolutions.
- Assist in writing equipment and service specifications for use in bidding process and serves as liaison for APT in consulting manufacturers regarding equipment problems and/or operating procedures.
- Graduation from an accredited junior college or technical school with a two-year degree in Electronics, RF (Radio Frequency) Broadcasting, Telecommunications, or a related field.
- Three (3) years of work experience in the maintenance, operation, and repair of broadcast equipment. (Qualifying experience above the minimum may be substituted for the required education on a year-for-year basis).
- Must possess a valid Alabama Driver License.
This is a State of Alabama Merit System position. Class Code: 30651, Pay Grade: 77. Salary Range: ($51,727.20 - $86,788.80). ALL applications must be submitted directly to the State of Alabama Personnel Department by November 22, 2023. Apply directly online, via mail, or fax. APT is an Equal Opportunity Employer
State of Alabama Personnel Department
64 North Union Street
Montgomery, AL 36130-4100
Phone: (334) 242-3389
Fax: (334) 242-1110