Alabama Public Television (APT) seeks a full-time Major Gifts/Foundation Support Officer at its Birmingham office. This position will be responsible for increasing the capacity and financial stability of its Major Gift and Foundation Support programs, as well as assisting in the development of the Planned Gifts program as needed. This position will be responsible for cultivating, soliciting, negotiating, closing, and stewarding philanthropic gifts at 4-figures and above.
- Oversee donor research for Major Gifts to include personal solicitations, direct mail campaigns, broadcast and social media appeals, and promotions.
- Oversee prospect research for Foundation Support including personal visits to foundation or trust officers
- Maximize internal strategic partnerships by working closely with various APT departments including Corporate Support, Creative Services, Membership, Marketing, and Digital Media, Production, Educational Services.
- Participate in and support the planning and staffing of special fundraising campaigns and efforts.
- Maintain donor and prospect information, foundation records and grant reports.
- Bachelor's degree or higher
- Minimum 5 years of development experience, with at least 2 years in major/planned gifts and proven success in closing solicitations
- Ability to establish strong interpersonal relationships at all levels.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint), fundraising software and donor databases, Google platforms, and online platforms for proposal and grant report submissions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
This is an APT Foundation position. Salary commensurate with experience. A benefits package is also provided. NO PHONE CALLS/FAXES. APT is an EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.