- Hours: 24 hours per week
- Location: St. Paul, MN
- Start Date: January 10, 2022 - May 27, 2022
- Compensation: $15.00/hour
As a Compensation Intern, you will be an integral member of the Human Resources team who helps guide the organization’s approach to managing total employee compensation. Compensation covers job analysis and evaluation, job documentation, market pricing, participating in external surveys, research, and data analysis. You will learn quantitative and qualitative research methodologies and how to apply them within a compensation role. Your focus will be:
- Mapping job titles to job descriptions across all divisions, archiving old job descriptions, creating a library of standard job descriptions
- Researching compensation trends
- Participating in compensation survey requests
- Updating and using MarketPay tool
- Learn why compensation is an important function within an organization: methodologies, best practices, research, compliance
- Understanding how to analyze compensation differences between job titles, job families, and/or geographic location
Key Learning Goals:
- Assess and review job postings and/or rate recommendations.
- How to market price and identify most appropriate grade placements.
- Identify how business needs affect compensation.
- Understand how compensation is managed in a unionized environment.
- Assist Compensation Manager in organizing and sorting job descriptions.
- Assist with filling out compensation surveys.
- Assist with MarketPay uploading and market pricing jobs.
- Participate in calls with HRBPs to assess future needs of different divisions.
- Partial subsidy for onsite parking or public transportation.
- Eligible to accrue sick time off.
- Eligible for health insurance as required under the ACA.
- Participate in robust on-boarding experience.
- Professional development: on-the-job training, intercultural development assessment, formal performance review feedback sessions, etc.
- Participate in brown bag sessions to gain broader perspective of the organization.
- Enrolled Sophomores, Juniors or Seniors in an undergraduate or Master’s program OR have earned a degree within the last 12 months from a 2 or 4 year college.
- Knowledge of standard research tools and methodologies.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Suites.
- Ability to multi-task, determine priorities.
- Ability to follow confidentiality guidelines (strict adherence to internal confidentiality/privacy guidelines is required).
- Ability to seek out clarification and comfort in asking questions.
- Analytical skills.
- Skills in documenting process and procedures.
- Preferred education field: Human Resources Management, Social Science, Finance, Accounting, or related field of study.
- Intermediate Excel skills.
- Intermediate data modeling skills to assist in identifying or clarifying information.
- Knowledge of Human Resources and/or Compensation.
- Desire to enter a Compensation role in the workforce.
Next Step in the Application:
In addition to your skills and knowledge, we would like to learn more about you in the application process. Please also include a cover letter (of no more than 1 page) with answers to the following:
- What interest you about this internship?
- What professional skills would you like to add to your toolbox in the months and years to come to grow in your career field?
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
- Must be able to perform the essential duties of the position with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Physical Demands:
- Required to move about in an office environment and sit for extended periods of time.
- Required to move about in the community.
- Frequent use of hands for data entry/keystrokes and simple grasping.
- Working Conditions:
- Moderate noise level.
- Occasional exposure to prevalent weather conditions.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We are committed to hiring a breadth of diverse professionals and encourage members of diverse groups to apply.
Please submit all resumes and cover letters to this LINK