Arizona Public Media seeks an inspired professional to work an assigned announcing shift, manage technical operations for our NPR, classical, and jazz program services, and voice tracking and audio production of programs and promos for automation as needed. This job is for someone who is passionate about the importance of public radio. We are looking for someone who will assist with managing technical, day-to-day operations, is flexible, can solve problems, is detail-oriented, can handle many tasks at once, and is comfortable with technology and computer systems. Key responsibilities will include hosting NPR programs on the air, assisting with managing automation and storage systems, and working with station staff to keep our programming running smoothly. You will perform various tasks related to the business and logistical operations of the station. You will be a point of contact for our listeners on the phone, digitally, and in person. A friendly manner is required. You will foster effective communication between teams to advance AZPM's strategic vision and mission. You will work collaboratively with members of other departments, ensuring the highest levels of production are met.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Speak or read from scripted materials, such as routine news reports, traffic and weather updates, or underwriting messages, on radio, television, podcasts, and other media.
- Speak or read from locally and network-provided promotional materials to encourage listener retention.
- Operate broadcast-related devices, including networked computers, audio storage, mixing consoles, transmitter remote controls, and manually operated playback machines.
- May announce the artist or title of the performance and identify the station.
- Assists the Radio Program Director, providing technical and production support for all radio operations.
- Build and maintain playlists and the overall automation system.
- Download and assemble program or promo segments for air.
- Write program promos for use on air and in-house distribution.
- Provide vacation/holiday backup for Radio Program Director.
- Provide backup for announcer vacations.
- May edit or assist in editing, audio, and or/production of programs and promos for broadcast and automation.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Must have strong attention to detail.
- Must have strong technical aptitude with broadcast automation and audio production.
- Ability to work weekday or weekend hours with some overtime during fundraising and station events.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent advanced learning attained through professional level experience required.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant work experience is required.
- Experience in customer service and office management.
- Experience with broadcast automation software and audio production.
- Experience in radio broadcast presentation.
- Experience pronouncing words from foreign languages for broadcast.
- Experience managing multiple projects.
- Experience with FCC rules and regulations.
- Experience with writing promotional material.
- Experience with copywriting.
Please apply for this position directly on our website and search requisition number req17269 at https://talent.arizona.edu/