Arizona Public Media is looking for a Traffic Assistant to join the TV Programming Team. This position is responsible for accurate data entry in program spreadsheets and Protrack; maintaining records, program offers, contracts, insertion orders, and agreements; maintaining the Protrack database, program scheduling, reconciliation and maintenance of daily TV and radio program logs in compliance with FCC rules and regulations and AZPM guidelines. Implement program changes, send listings, and coordinate messaging in-house and with other PTV personnel with information and delivery of original AZPM programming. Assist with e-name entry and reporting duties.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Generate Excel templates for the monthly program schedules for PBS 6 and PBS 6 PLUS.
- Assist with reporting activities per Program Director instructions.
- Assist with monthly TV program highlights meeting documents and messaging.
- Assist with insertion orders.
- Assign media IDs and create metadata in Protrack.
- Enter advance schedules into Program Excel spreadsheets when advance grids and week by weeks are published.
- Enter program data into advance program grids per Program Director instructions.
- Follow-up on program resources, rights, usage dates, carriage, highlights, program offers, disclaimers, etc.
- Database management in Protrack; Prolink updates, coding, rights, etc.
- Log generation, fill breaks, export, and reconciliation.
- Schedule programming in Protrack per Program Director instructions.
- Send monthly and local listings and program change information.
- E-name entry and submission.
- Retrieve & print pledge formats, update the pledge binder for Master Control Operators.
- Flight IO's and interstitial materials.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- High-level computer skills in Microsoft Office applications including Access databases and Outlook.
- Attention to detail and exceptional follow through.
- Ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment and take initiative.
- Knowledge of standard office practices and procedures.
- Ability to interact effectively with all people.
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally in person, on the phone, and via email with the general public, donors, members, and staff.
- High school diploma or equivalent, or equivalent learning attained through experience required.
- Experience using Excel, creating spreadsheets.
- Experience with data entry.
Please apply for this position directly on our website and search for the requisition req17317 at https://talent.arizona.edu/