Arizona Public Media (AZPM) is seeking a full-time Web Marketing Editor to join our Marketing and Communications Team. Under the direction of the teams director, the successful candidate will assist with content management for AZPM.org. We are looking for applicants with strong writing and proofreading skills as well as a familiarity with basic photo editing. This position will be primarily responsible for the daily updates to AZPM.org to include the generation of promotional content to highlight programming on AZPM's Television and Radio platforms.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Write original copy and edit content for a range of online marketing and communications materials.
• Assist with creating and updating webpages for station projects.
• Create graphics and short videos for use on web and social media.
• Take and edit photos for editorial use.
• Create articles and materials promoting and highlighting our television, radio and news content.
• Create captions for online video.
• Update television schedule and show information.
• Assist in video curation of on demand services.
• Manage and update podcasts for AZPM’s weekly radio series.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Working knowledge of basic html and other web markup languages, such as Markdown.
• Skill in writing and proofreading content.
• Skill in modifying content written by others.
• Knowledge of photo editing software including Adobe Suite. <
• Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment, deadline intensive atmosphere; ability to work with individuals and teams, work creatively and follow detailed instructions when required, and work effectively and efficiently managing several projects simultaneously.
• Sound editorial and design judgment; organizational, research and project development abilities; excellent oral and written communication skills; ability to plan scheduled and meet deadlines; attention to detail and good follow-through; initiative in developing creative graphic and design elements whether for programs or institutional support.
Please apply for this position directly on https://talent.arizona.edu/ and search for req17625