Position Announcement #122002 – Financial Analyst
The Corporation for Public Broadcasting is a private, nonprofit corporation created to ensure universal access to non-commercial high-quality programming and telecommunications services. We invest in programs and services that are educational, innovative, locally relevant, and reflect America’s common values and cultural diversity. We encourage the development of programming that involves creative risks and that addresses the needs of unserved and underserved audiences, particularly children and minorities.
CPB is currently seeking to hire a Financial Analyst (Level 6). The salary range is $ $52,760 - $91,650 (salary level is commensurate with skills, education, and experience). This position reports directly to the Senior Director, Station and System Analysis.
Reviews, compiles, analyzes, and reports on data from CPB information systems and other sources to inform the development of public media system models, scenario planning, and other analyses by internal and external stakeholders. Reviews station Annual Financial Reports submitted to CPB and used in Community Service Community Service Grant (“CSG”) calculations. Assists in the annual calculation of CSGs. Supports in the review of CSG policy, as required.
- Analyzes and provides reports on all data collected within CPB’s information systems.
- Assists Senior Director, Station and System Analysis with any and all analysis of station data, as required.
- Prepares comprehensive reports to CPB management and public broadcasting leaders.
- Responds to information requests pertaining to station data and internal data needs in a timely manner.
- Reviews station financial data submitted as required for the CSG program.
- Reviews station financial data submitted to CPB, including of required financial reports submitted by radio and television stations to ensure compliance with CPB’s financial reporting guidelines for CSGs.
- Follows up with stations, as required, to correct errors in submitted financial data.
- Assists stations, as requested, in interpreting CSG policy and correctly filling in financial forms.
- Assists in annual CSG calculations.
- Works with Station Grant Administration team to ensure that all data is collected and input into the Gold Standard appropriately.
- Verifies the formulas in the CSG calculation tool are working appropriately and that grant calculations are correct.
- Supports CSG policy reviews.
- Performs analysis of data to ascertain impacts of various proposed policy changes.
- Conducts scenario planning and helps the panel interpret data in its decision-making regarding proposed policy changes.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in business, finance; or equivalent experience.
- Demonstrated ability in utilizing spreadsheet software including pivot tables, formulas and dashboards.
- Five years’ experience performing financial analysis and data analysis.
- Advanced analytical and quantitative skills, with the ability to interpret statistical, financial and operational data, and inform scenario planning and forecasting.
- Familiarity with review and analysis of financial statements (Preferably FASB and GASB reporting models)
- A strong attention to detail, and the capabilities to organize and prioritize workload, manage time and resources productively, and meet critical deadlines.
- Effective communication skills, both oral and written, with the ability to present data and financial information in an understandable format and communicate effectively with technical and nontechnical individuals.
- Proficiency with information systems, as well as Microsoft Office, including Excel.
- Graduate degree with concentration in Finance, Accounting or Business related major.
- Understanding of grant administration processes and related financial data.
- Knowledge of public broadcasting and non–profit organizations.
For more information about CPB, our programs, and our mission, please visit our website at www.cpb.org. Please submit your cover letter and resume to -
As of January 2022, all CPB staff are temporarily working 100% remotely/telework due to the pandemic health situation. This telework status will be reviewed again in 60 days.
Must show proof of COVID vaccination while employed by CPB. Exemptions for religious and medical reasons will be considered. Must follow all workplace safety and health protocols as directed.
The Corporation for Public Broadcasting has a commitment to the principle of diversity. In that spirit, we welcome applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, religion, creed, color, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, national origin, or status with regard to public assistance.