Position Announcement #124001 – Project Coordinator
Who We Are: The Corporation for Public Broadcasting is a private, nonprofit corporation created to ensure universal access to non-commercial high-quality content and telecommunications services. We invest in programs and services that are educational, innovative, locally relevant, and reflect America’s common values and cultural diversity. Through grants, we encourage the development of content that addresses the needs of unserved and underserved audiences, especially children and minorities.
Position Summary: Under the supervision of the Executive Director, System Strategies Next Generation Warning System (NGWS) with FEMA, coordinates effective administration of projects, tasks, deliverables, and timelines. Assists Project Managers (“PMs”) and NGWS senior staff with project administration, by designing, developing, and administering grant and project reports. Assists with the tracking of incoming proposals, coordinates application reviews, and provides details regarding selection processes.
Compensation: The salary for this position will be no less than $50,000 annualized with a hiring range up to $62,000. Exact salary determined by experience, education related to the role, organizational compensation structure and internal equity. Annual salary increases and bonus payment based on performance.
- Serves as the primary support staff for the NGWS/FEMA department.
- Coordinates reporting on contract and grant making activities. Assists the Executive Director and PMs with tracking and maintaining proposals.
- Provides coordination and information for internal and external review panels.
- Coordinates meetings of the Executive Director and proposal reviewers and handles logistics for consultations and associated internal processes with direction from the PMs and senior staff.
- Serves as a contact with stations, national organizations and grantees, provides follow-up with representatives from these organizations related to project reporting, and helps PMs resolve issues with deliverables. Monitors, analyzes and prepares reports on grantee performance against project goals.
- Assists PMs in updating information in the Grants Management System and in maintaining other relevant databases and tracking systems.
- Assists the Executive Director and the senior staff, with the monitoring of contracts, regularly evaluating activities and expenditures against project plans and budgets and making suggestions and changes as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or combination of equivalent coursework and work experience.
- Three years related work experience in a position requiring skills in administration, project management, and/or grants and contract administration or management.
Required Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to generate original correspondence and reports.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills with the ability to interact professionally with a variety of people both internal and external to CPB.
- Ability to work independently, as well as within a team environment.
- Strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to effectively manage multiple tasks and issues of varying complexity with attention to detail.
- Proficiency in computer programs, including word processing, spreadsheets, presentation software, and database programs; strong web-based research and analytical skills.
Benefits: CPB provides generous benefit programs including retirement, health, dental, life and disability insurance, commuting, flexible spending accounts, vacation, sick and maternity/paternity leave.
All applicants must submit a cover letter and resume to –
This is a hybrid work environment position, working from CPB’s office in Washington, D.C. and remote, as approved by the position’s Department Head.
The Corporation for Public Broadcasting has a commitment to the principle of diversity, as it creates a healthier work environment. In that spirit, we welcome applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.