Position Announcement #121011 – Project Manager
The Corporation for Public Broadcasting is a private, nonprofit corporation created to ensure universal access to non-commercial high-quality programming and telecommunications services. We invest in programs and services that are educational, innovative, locally relevant, and reflect America’s common values and cultural diversity. We encourage the development of programming that involves creative risks and that addresses the needs of unserved and underserved audiences, particularly children and minorities.
CPB is currently seeking to hire a Project Manager (Level 7). The salary range is $ $65,230 - $113,300 (salary level is commensurate with skills, education, and experience). This position reports directly to the Vice President and General Manager, Education Strategy and Content.
Manage and/or execute projects and initiatives within the Educational Media and Learning Experiences department. Responsible for the day-to-day administration of assigned grants from project development to close-out. Reviews and evaluates proposals, analyzes budgets, and drafts concurrence documents and work scopes in compliance with CPB’s contracting policies and procedures. Communicates with grantees, potential grantees, external project partners and department leadership on current and purposed projects. Identifies and works to resolve issues that arise with grantees, ensuring that all deliverables and project objectives are met. Works with Project Coordinator, Education on processing contract deliverables and project reporting.
- Responsible for assigned portfolio, moving projects from concept and general outline to specific contractual documents. Reviews work scopes, performs budget analysis, and reviews and develops project timelines to ensure alignment with CPB’s strategic and business goals and objectives. Assists coordinating staff with internal and external reviews of proposals, when necessary, and prepares well-written and comprehensive documents for project planning, approval and implementation.
- Works with CPB contracting attorneys to ensure that contracts reflect the project as approved; the Office of Budget and Finance (OBF) related to budget issues and grantee payments; and the Communications Office in conjunction with high visibility grantees and/or projects.
- Manages relationships with grantees and potential grantees including ongoing communications regarding request for proposals (RFPs), project scope and goals, contract compliance and approval of project deliverables. Anticipates problems and develops solutions working with department management to select the best approach for resolution.
- Collaborates with project level digital and radio staff on cross-platform projects to ensure the seamless integration of all content components within applicable projects.
- Assists department management in the development and implementation of departmental business operations to include project and budget oversight and the development of procedures to increase departmental efficiencies.
- Develops appropriate metrics and evaluation tools for individual projects. Assists with the development of metrics and measurements for departmental and organizational initiatives.
- May represent the Education department at industry meetings in an effort to foster relationships and expand awareness of CPB goals and programs within the public broadcasting system.
- As necessary, executes and manages Request for Proposal processes for special projects.
- Keeps abreast of trends within the commercial and public service media industries particularly as it relates to digital platforms, content, and new educational products.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field (e.g. communications, liberal arts, business, education), or equivalent experience.
- 4+ years’ work experience in a professional level position requiring skills in project management, grants administration, budget analysis, and/or in the administrative management of educational media and content or new distribution platforms.
- Excellent interpersonal communications, writing, and analytical skills with a demonstrated ability to present complex technical ideas in non-technical terms.
- Strong presentation and consensus-building skills to maintain effective relationships with diverse business partners and staff.
- Strong organization and time management skills, and an attention to detail.
- Excellent computer skills, particularly MS Office Suite.
- Ability to work independently, collaboratively, and creatively.
- Advanced degree.
- Professional experience at a broadcast station, production house, or broadcasting distribution organization.
- Experience working in television programming and production or relevant content production field.
- Experience working in national and local outreach projects.
For more information about CPB, our programs, and our mission, please visit our website at www.cpb.org. Please submit your cover letter and resume to -
As of January 2022, all CPB staff are temporarily working 100% remotely/telework due to the pandemic health situation. This telework status will be reviewed again in 60 days.
Must show proof of COVID vaccination while employed by CPB. Exemptions for religious and medical reasons will be considered. Must follow all workplace safety and health protocols as directed.
The Corporation for Public Broadcasting has a commitment to the principle of diversity. In that spirit, we welcome applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, religion, creed, color, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, national origin, or status with regard to public assistance.