Manage the programming catalog for the “World’s Best Television” app. KCTS 9 is evolving into a regional streaming service. Partner with the programming lead to acquire high-quality, diverse content from around the world. Then shepherd those acquisitions from screening to signed-deal to internal production to public premiere on a schedule which complements PBS programming and other Cascade Public Media events.
Demonstrate CPM’s values of integrity, community, innovation and diversity.
Salary: $62,000 minimum - salary commensurate with experience
Benefits information can be found here
Seattle, hybrid schedule available, must reside in WA State
Proof of vaccination required for employment
Cascade Public Media is committed to building a team that represents a diversity of thought, experience and personal background
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES/DUTIES
- Manage the programming catalog for our streaming service from start to finish
- Partner with programming lead on acquisition strategy which builds upon our strong PBS foundation
- Once deals are signed, work with distributors/producers on digital delivery of assets (video, subtitle and caption files)
- Route acquisition assets to the video/technical teams for acceptance and post-production as needed (eg: add WBT logo, subtitles, edits etc.)
- Develop streaming-service rollout calendar, which is in-sync with the broadcast schedule (managed by Programming Coordinator), Marketing team and other stakeholders to ensure coordination across broadcast promo, omnichannel marketing, events, etc.)
- Directly own and prepare our programming’s metadata (genres, vibes, country of origin, rating, blurbs, hero photos, etc.) to make our digital recommendations smarter, programming easier to find and our streaming service more user-friendly/appealing
- Work on various digital content-management platforms, including but not limited to Drupal, PBS’s Media Manager, etc.
- Assist in programming distribution as needed
- Manage program acquisitions inventory and broadcast rights. Review program offers from PBS, APT, BBC, NETA and local sources. Screen potential program acquisitions and make recommendations
- Identify and recommend independent program acquisitions, from the Pacific Northwest, British Columbia and Canada as a whole
- Train Programming Coordinator on all schedule, programming and ratings tools and platforms (eg: ProTrak)
- Collaborate with other team members to foster a positive and productive culture and contribute toward the overall growth of the CPM
- Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
- Hands on programmer with a passion for smart, diverse television.
- Excellent written and verbal communication required
- Working knowledge of MS Office (Word and Excel) required
- Working knowledge of broadcast production process and traffic management systems preferred
- Adept at working both independently and collaboratively to accomplish goals and objectives within deadlines
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Broadcast, Communications or other related field, or equivalent job experience required
- Experience in project management and attention to detail strongly preferred
- Ability to view data on a computer screen for long periods of time
- Ability to regularly type on a keyboard
- Ability to sit or stand for extended periods