About Chicago Public Media
Chicago Public Media is one of the largest and most respected media organizations in the country. The organization has a legacy of innovative program development having launched shows as The American Life, Wait, Don't Tell Me..., Nerdette, Making Obama and the ground-breaking podcast Motive. Chicago Public Media engages with its listeners and users across multiple platforms, including radio broadcast radio, digital streaming, and mobile apps. Our flagship station, WBEZ-Chicago (91.5 FM) is Chicagoland's premier media hub for high quality, fact-based journalism and engaging, entertaining audio programs and podcasts. WBEZ's sister service, Vocalo (91.1 FM in Chicago, vocalo.org), targets a multicultural audience through an urban alternative format.
The Membership Associate will be responsible for the coordination of Chicago Public Media’s fundraising activities including pledge drives, podcast initiatives and member acquisition efforts. This person will participate in campaign planning and project management as well as other fundraising and membership duties as assigned. This role will also support the member services area, addressing member and listener inquiries. This position is a part of the Membership team and will report to the Director, Membership Growth & Acquisition.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate fundraising activities to meet or exceed defined revenue goals.
- In collaboration with the Director, Membership Growth & Acquisition, execute fundraising strategies that specifically relate to pledge drives including:
- Staff scheduling and management
- Message management
- Goal achievement
- Communicate with other internal departments to ensure effective and efficient use of resources.
- With the Director, Membership Growth & Acquisition create and maintain reports to measure success of campaigns and the program overall.
- Provide support to the Member Services area, addressing inbound member and listener inquiries via phone, email and text, logging and tracking correspondence and member account preferences in CRM system.
- Assist with planning and execution of member engagement activities and member events, including text-based initiatives, fulfillment of member giveaways and new member welcome calls.
- Work within a team framework to achieve organization goals.
- Other fundraising and member services duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent training and experience.
- 3 years' work experience in fundraising, marketing, or events.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate events or other large-scale deadline dependent projects.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Well-developed collaboration skills to work with cross-functional teams.
- Ability to multi-task in a deadline-driven environment, and to manage own time and schedules.
- High energy, positive attitude and a demonstrated ability to deliver results on-time and on-budget.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Must be open to working evenings and weekends as needed.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Word, Excel, and internet-based software.
- Affinity for public radio programming; Passion for/understanding of the WBEZ mission & values.
- Desire to learn.
- Public media or non-profit experience.
Working at Chicago Public Media
At Chicago Public Media, we care deeply about our employees as we know attracting, developing, and growing talent is key to our success and enhancing our impact. Our culture is one where collaboration, ideas, and innovation are encouraged. We value colleagues who will enhance our culture by bringing new ideas, diverse experiences, and talents to our dynamic workplace.
Chicago Public Media’s dedication to promoting diversity and inclusion is reflective across our brands, WBEZ 91.5 FM and Vocalo 91.1 FM, in our staff and in our work. We are fully focused on equality of opportunity and believe deeply in diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin, experience, and all other fascinating characteristics that make us different.
At Chicago Public Media we believe dedication to a great workplace includes supporting our employees and their families. As a result, we provide a broad and generous benefits package for you at hire and in the years to come. Our benefits include:
- 6 weeks fully paid family leave
- High quality Medical, Dental, and Vision plans at an affordable cost
- A 403(b)retirement plan with a company match
Generous paid time off, including starting with 3 weeks’ vacation and 4 personal days.
Due to current COVID restrictions, you must be able to work remotely at your own designated location with Internet access and you must be willing and able to work at our Navy Pier offices, if needed. Right now, most of our staff is working remotely.
The essential functions described above are not all-inclusive and may change periodically to meet the needs of Chicago Public Media (CPM). The information contained in this job description is not intended to create any contractual or other legal commitment. Chicago Public Media may change the content or format of this job at any time in its sole and exclusive discretion without notice.
Chicago Public Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we actively seek and welcome people from all backgrounds, orientations, and life experiences to join our team.