Who we are:
Detroit Public TV (DPTV) is the largest and most watched public television station serving Southeastern Michigan, the most diverse public television audience in the country. We’re also the state’s only community-licensed station, meaning we operate independent of any educational, government or other institution. Our funding comes from the community we serve.
Each week more than two million people watch our five broadcast channels, and nearly 200,000 people listen to our radio station, 90.9 WRCJ for classical days and jazzy nights. In addition, DPTV is building the next generation of public media with our rapidly growing digital presence that has grown to reach more than half a million unique visitors through our website, YouTube channels and social media platforms each month.
Our key values: diversity, engagement, trust, innovation, excellence, financial stability, and growth are evident in everything we do from the engaging content we provide, to the way we work with viewers, supporters, board members and employees to the local events we host connecting DPTV with thousands of our fellow community members each year.
Does the idea of building your career alongside a dedicated group of professionals with different backgrounds and experiences excite you? If so, we invite you to join us in our mission to provide public media that helps individuals discover new ideas, make informed decisions, and enjoy enriched lives.
For more information about DPTV, please visit the website www.dptv.org.
We are actively seeking dynamic and diverse team member to join us in the role of Data Analyst in Wixom, MI, in a hybrid work structure.
Detroit Public Television’s (DPTV) Marketing and Digital team is growing to add to staff a role dedicated to data analysis to better understand our audience, ensure we are meeting them where they are effectively and to measure the impact of our work.
The role offers a great opportunity to gain exposure to multiple content areas, audiences and platforms!
The Marketing and Digital team works across the station on local initiatives (One Detroit, American Black Journal, 90.9 WRCJ), state/regional initiatives (Michigan Learning Channel, Great Lakes Now) and national (PBS programming, PBS Books, PBS Books Readers’ Club). Platforms the team works across include website, social platforms, YouTube, Apps, Radio, Television and paid advertising vendors.
The Data Analyst will report to the Director of Marketing.
- Develops an understanding of data sets across the organization on audience trends, paid advertising data, consumption patterns (TV, Digital), and other key areas as directed
- Supports analysis of first- and second-party audience data to inform key insights about audience and strategic takeaways
- Monitors performance measures, identifies trends and takeaways, and provides input to senior management
- Creates reports for projects across Social, Web and TV data
- Supports creation of regular benchmark reports and ad hoc requests
- Analyze paid media campaign research including broadcast, cable, digital and internal multi-platform campaigns
- Help create narratives based on research findings
- Support relationship with outside research firm conducting audience surveys including review of questions, and analysis of data
- Performs all other duties assigned by a member of management.
- Familiarity and competence with Microsoft Office, project management software, data visualization tools, META Reporting and Insights, Google Analytics
- Analytical thinker; possesses troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- 1-2 years in research, business operations, data analysis or similar role or equivalent in educational experience
Individual must be able to:
- Type, and sit behind a desk for extended periods of time.
- Look at video, computer screens, printed documents.
Individual is exposed to a typical office setting with computer equipment and a TV studio or on-location site with some related business travel.
What you’ll get:
- Experience the rewarding feeling of knowing you’re part of an organization committed to the greater good of the community
- Enjoy a flexible work environment with a hybrid in-person and work from home model
- Continue to grow and learn through opportunities for personal and professional development
- Share your input, knowing that your ideas are valued and always welcome
- Be yourself! We believe your uniqueness makes you an even greater asset to the team.
*No telephone calls or third parties.
Detroit Educational Television Foundation, d/b/a Detroit Public Television and 90.9 WRCJ, is an equal opportunity employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability status, marital status, military status, or protected veteran status. Employment decisions at Detroit Public Television will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. The specific statements above are not intended to be all inclusive.