Project Finance and Grants provides financial and grants management oversight of funding for productions and restricted projects. The department is responsible for reviewing production and grants budgets, project financial monitoring, grants management and administration, and compliance for a portfolio of more than 300 grants and approximately $350MM in restricted project funding.
Project Finance and Grants sits within the Finance Department of GBH and supports all units that receive restricted funding. The GBH Finance Department is responsible for establishing and maintaining the internal financial control structure and environment that enables GBH to comply with all the applicable laws, regulations, and policies. This encompasses GBH's various business needs, including the following functions: financial reporting and analysis, payroll, accounts payable, billing, accounts receivable, and maintenance of the general ledger.
The Senior Grants Financial Analyst functions professionally within both GBH’s Finance department and Project Finance and Grants department and reports directly to the Manager of Project Finance and Grants. The principal objective of the position is the efficient and effective management of key departmental analytical, financial, and accounting needs related to federal, state, and private grants received by GBH. The Senior Grants Financial Analyst works primarily with the Project Finance Specialists and GBH’s Workday and Accounting department. This position functions collaboratively to analyze problems and devise and implement solutions in accordance with appropriate policies and procedures.
Key responsibilities include:
- Ensuring the timely and accurate recording of grant awards and invoices in GBH’s accounting and funding allocation tool.
- Supporting the monthly, quarterly, and year-end closes.
- Creating and reviewing grant-related journal entries, including for overhead.
- Reconciling grants accounts to the general ledger.
- Running monthly expense allocations for restricted projects.
- Conducting reviews of all restricted projects and expense allocations to align with Film Asset Accounting and Grant/award terms and conditions.
- Review of project budgets and financial reports.
- Project and Project Plan entry.
- Provide additional analyses relating to grant revenue and expenses, as needed.
- Five years of accounting or financial analysis experience is required.
- Prior experience in grants management in a non-profit organization is preferred, as is knowledge of grants management.
- Detail-orientated, highly organized, and driven team player.
- Possess strong analytical, technical, communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously, accurately, and quickly.
- Ability to master the use of GBH Financial System (Workday).
- Ability to keep attention to detail simultaneously with attention to the larger parts.
- Experience with Excel is a must.
- Ability to work in a deadline-driven environment.
- Ability to make ethical decisions and act with integrity.
- Ability to produce accurate and timely work products when working under pressure.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience, and at least five years related experience preferred.
Located in Boston, Hybrid role