Georgia Public Broadcasting is looking for an experienced and enterprising journalist to cover public policy and its impact on the people who call the state home. The public policy reporter will be based in Atlanta and cover the State Capitol and the laws, regulations, policies, and funding decisions put forward by lawmakers. As the epicenter of an ever-changing and growing South, Georgia provides great opportunities for journalists with its richness and diversity in storytelling. The state includes large and medium sized cities as well as rural areas. This reporter will stay current on the news and issues that are vital to the people of Georgia. GPB is in a top-10 radio market with 20 stations across the state of Georgia and Bureaus in Macon and Savannah.
• Bachelor's degree in a related field and/or the equivalent combination of education, training, and experience which provides the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities for this job.
• Must have at least five years’ experience as a reporter, public radio experience strongly preferred
• Experience covering state government and policy
• Ability to produce compelling feature stories across GPB’s digital and audio platforms
• Covering daily news stories as needed
• Experience in recording, gathering, selecting, and editing audio using Adobe Audition
• Able to write using AP style.
• A deep curiosity for the world around you and ability to connect with people and tell their stories
• Ability to remain current on issues impacting Georgia and to develop relationships and contacts
• Ability to work collaboratively with other reporters and editors, meet deadlines, juggle multiple assignments, and prioritize time
• Must be able to work a flexible schedule, to include 7 days a week, nights, weekends, and holidays when needed.
We Offer: Paid holidays, vacation and sick leave, retirement plans; Pre-tax benefits for health, dental, vision, life, specified illness and accidental insurance; Health and childcare spending accounts; Disability insurance; and opportunities for training and professional development.
To Apply: Upload resume, references and complete applicant form on the GPB's Job Center located at www.gpb.org/jobs. ONLY applications and resumes submitted through the GPB Job Center WILL BE ACCEPTED.
Deadline to Apply: Open Until Filled