We're looking for a Newscast Producer who is hungry to cover the big stories of the day. This is a key position in Houston supporting The Texas Newsroom statewide newscasts, which reach listeners in more than two dozen public media markets.
The ideal candidate will have experience covering daily hard news and breaking news for broadcast and digital platforms. Texas has a seemingly endless number of major stories and this producer will have the opportunity to file newscast spots and digital articles for local, statewide and national audiences on NPR member stations.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Writing clean, accurate copy for broadcast on short deadlines
- Producing audio for daily newscasts
- Writing digital stories as needed
- Monitoring social media for breaking news
- Strong writing skills with experience writing for broadcast news
- Strong knowledge of audio production using software such as Adobe Audition
- Knowledge of WordPress or other CMS platforms
- Direct experience covering daily news
- On-air delivery consistent with NPR standards
If you do not meet every position qualification but have some of these skills and feel you could be the right candidate for the job, we would like to hear from you.