Winner of more than 40 Emmy Awards, ITVS is public media’s leading incubator and presenter of documentary film. We partner with filmmakers who bring untold stories to public media to make a difference in the world. For over 25 years, we’ve been committed to diversity on both sides of the camera, helping filmmakers tell and share vital stories that are reflective of our society.
The person in this role works within the Audience Development department, reports to the Vice President, Marketing and Communications and oversees the Creative Services unit. Responsibilities include: Working and collaborating with other Audience Development units and Programming and Production units; designing artwork and producing on-air projects from concept to delivery; ensuring creative content is in alignment with organizational strategy; maintaining high branding standards; and cultivating positive and productive relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Lead the development of 360-integrated creative content campaigns of world class documentaries, including communication and engagement materials, across on-air, social, digital, print, OOH, radio in paid media and on ITVS owned channels.
- Drive creative direction and encourage feedback to ensure all assets are on brand and align with campaign and brand strategy.
- Oversee the organization and distribution of creative assets ensuring materials are delivered on brief, on budget, and on time.
- Serve as senior authority on the brand voice for ITVS and Independent Lens; consulting with senior leaders in Programming, Marketing, and Distribution.
- Provide strategic creative guidance to support business goals and institutional strategy.
- Articulate creative approach and plan to senior leadership and external stakeholders, including PBS and filmmakers.
- Oversee external productions for marketing campaigns including filmmaker interviews, professional photography, and brand promotion.
- Oversee Creative Services unit budget, inclusive of outsourced projects with agencies and creative vendors.
- Act as the primary liaison with filmmakers, advising on creative best practices and industry trends.
- Collaborate with marketing, and engage in research, to create goals and performance metrics for campaigns; monitor for effectiveness of strategy and creative, and make recommendations for continuous improvement.
- Set clear goals and expectations for staff, holding direct report(s) accountable for performance.
- Create a team environment that inspires, empowers, and encourages creativity, innovation, accountability, and continuous improvement within the organization.
- Promote a culture of high performance, learning and evaluation, collective improvement and individual growth; guide staff in adopting a commitment to creativity and quality.
- Fosters and cultivates a culture of care and a high commitment to quality informed by ITVS values.
- Contributes to culture by proactively participating in organization programs and staff events.
- Seeks and integrates constructive feedback to drive continuous improvement.
- Works collaboratively with peers and staff; builds relationships through effective and compassionate communication.
- Other duties may be assigned as needed.
- A commitment to ITVS’ mission and an ability to apply sensitivity to a variety of social, economic, and cultural perspectives.
- Cares about principles associated with diversity and inclusion; willing and wanting to support the voices and visions of underrepresented communities, and reflect the interests and concerns of a diverse society
- Understands production, post-production and broadcast equipment and workflows related to digital media.
- Possesses high level of competency in editing software: Adobe Creative Cloud Suite of programs, InDesign, Photoshop.
- Must have strong creative, storytelling skills and research skills.
- Know how to use video innovatively and possess sound editorial judgment.
- Able to stay focused, highly organized and pay close attention to details.
- Proactive, self-motivated and self-directed with demonstrated ability to take initiative, prioritize tasks, and think strategically.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and “can do” attitude; superior verbal and written communication skills.
- Creative with a flexible mind-set; open to new ideas and practices and able to work cross-functionally with other teams.
- Adaptable to a fast-paced and constantly changing environment.
- Enjoys working as a team member as well as independently.
- Willing to support leadership’s decision and direction in a positive, professional and cooperative manner. Good sense of humor is helpful too!
- Required: Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience.
- Required: Seven (7) years of experience in a post-production, agency or production environment; including working with editors, motion graphic designers, and/or graphic designers.
- Required: Creative strategy experience, working with creative briefs and storyboards, developing original concepts, scripts and pitches for media marketing campaigns.
- Required: Experience with project management practices and software, managing varying degrees of complex projects simultaneously.
- Required: Experience in building, mentoring, and coaching a team of creative specialists.
- Required: Experience with Microsoft Office Suite and Google’s Workspace.
- Preferred: Experience using Asana for project management.
- Preferred: Low-level edit-room production experience.
- Preferred: A passion for documentary film and a voracious appetite for all types of entertainment media.
- Preferred: Knowledge of the Public Media system.
ITVS is a financial steward of public funds and committed to pay transparency, as well as providing equitable and competitive compensation for staff. For this role the pay range is $108,632.98 - $121,413.33 and all incumbent new hires base pay will begin at $108,632.98. This is an exempt position that pays an annual salary and includes a robust benefits package. Advancement in the pay range is dependent on advancement in the role.
Creativity, collaboration and building community are essential to ITVS’ long-term health and sustainability. Our goal is to provide a flexible hybrid model of in-person and remote work that supports individual productivity, teamwork, and an organizational culture fueled in part by being present with one another. To achieve this goal in-office attendance, of at least eight (8) days a month, is a requirement of working at ITVS.
It's important for you to know we love cover letters, they help us understand why you are interested in working at ITVS and they show us how you express yourself in writing. We will prioritize applicants who provide a cover letter.
ITVS aspires to make the online job application process accessible to any and all users.
If you have a disability that impacts your ability to complete the application process, and would like to request assistance or accommodation, please contact us at jobs@ITVS.org
We are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any bias including race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, religion, disability or national origin.
Lastly, pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
TO APPLY, GO TO: https://itvs.org/about/jobs/