Iowa Public Radio seeks an organized and detail-oriented individual to join our Finance & Operations team as an Accountant. This position is located in our Des Moines office, with the opportunity to work remotely several days a week. In addition to assisting with a variety of accounting and finance functions related to accounts receivable, accounts payable and reconciliation processes, this person will have the opportunity to be involved in projects related to establishing new systems, processes and procedures.
Immediate projects include representing the Finance & Operations team in IPR’s donor database transition to Salesforce and establishing new systems related to IPR’s transition to Emburse Certify for employee expense reimbursement and credit card implementation. Additional projects include establishing an inventory control system, utilizing newly acquired fixed asset software, and transitioning IPR’s accounting software to an online version of Quickbooks. The list goes on!
POSITION SALARY RANGE:
• $40,852 - $61,279
• Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or related field;
• 1 years’ experience in accounting, fundraising or financial reporting databases; and
• Experience in accounts receivable or account reconciliation-related work and accounts payable with attention to detail and accuracy.
• Knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office Suite including, Word, Excel and Outlook;
• Experience with fundraising databases, preferably Salesforce;
• Experience with accounting software or databases; preferably Quickbooks; and
• Experience coordinating multiple tasks with competing deadlines.
For full consideration, submit cover letter, resume and contact information for at least 3 professional references.
Application deadline is 5 p.m. Monday, August 15, 2022.
Iowa Public Radio is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Discrimination because of race, color, religion, national origin or sex is prohibited. If you believe you have been a victim of discrimination, please notify the appropriate local, state or federal agency.