Who we are
KCRW is a public media leader, creating and curating a unique mix of content centered around music discovery, NPR news, cultural exploration, and informed public affairs. We are driven by the spirit of Los Angeles and deliver in innovative ways -- on the radio, digitally and in-person -- to diverse, curious communities around the corner and around the world.
What we need
KCRW is looking for a Producer IV to join the team of our weekly Culture talk show “The Business”. This position will be responsible for producing a weekly half-hour radio show and podcast hosted by Kim Masters. You will work closely with the host and production engineer to create a timely, informative, and entertaining audio show about the business of Hollywood.
The Business is a weekly podcast and syndicated radio program featuring lively banter about entertainment industry news and in-depth interviews with directors, producers, writers, and actors. The show is hosted by award-winning journalist Kim Masters of The Hollywood Reporter and produced by KCRW.
As a Producer IV, you will help manage the recording studio, generate stories for the program each week, edit audio and scripts, and evaluate content pitches from the host and or guests of ”The Business”. Your duties will include but are not limited to interviewing sources, fact-checking, managing talent, and ensuring all content meets its deadlines.
This is a full-time, non-exempt position reporting to the Culture Director. This position is in the SAG-AFTRA Bargaining Unit.
This is a hybrid position and will spend 1 to 3 days per week in our Santa Monica office.
KCRW will have in effect a COVID-19 vaccine mandate for all employees beginning September 15, 2021. The mandate is subject to accommodation in compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Generating show ideas and potential guest interviews
- Staying informed of trends and top stories in the entertainment industry
- Evaluating pitches
- Booking guests, typically through publicists
- Researching guests and screening related films or TV series
- Writing interview questions
- Overseeing interviews
- Writing a weekly show script and promos
- Editing long-form interviews and other audio for the show
- Building a weekly 30-minute show in ProTools
- Selecting music for the program
- Producing clips and relevant sound bytes
- Coordinating weekly Hollywood Breakdown and Banter segments
- Writing detailed web copy
- Obtain photos for digital web builds
- Mixing weekly promos
- Uploading rundowns and promos to Content Depot
- Maintaining frequent communication with the show's host and production engineer
- When needed assist with the production of other projects and or special campaigns
Skills & Experience:
- Have knowledge or interest in the Entertainment, Television, and Film industries
- Experience producing long-form audio programming in a deadline-driven media environment
- Excellent communication skills, the ability to work collaboratively on creative content, and strong attention to detail
- Experience directing live productions and assembling network programming
- Digital media experience
- Knowledge of Pro Tools, Adobe Audition, or equivalent preferred
- Data collection and analysis of information from different sources
- Critical thinking
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Ability to efficiently prioritize and meet deadlines
- Bachelor’s degree required, Journalism preferred
- Minimum 3 years related work experience required
Compensation & Benefits:
- Union minimum hourly rate $35.58/hour
- Eligible for overtime and premium working holiday pay rate
- Sick leave award
- Vacation leave accrual
- Paid holidays
- Health insurance (including medical, dental, vision, FSA, life and AD&D) eligibility
- 403(b) with company match
- Passionate office environment surrounded by an incredible community of curious and talented colleagues
- KCRW is a qualifying employer under the Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) program - read more here to determine your eligibility
KCRW aims to be representative of Southern California, and candidates with traditionally underrepresented backgrounds and perspectives are encouraged to apply. KCRW is an equal opportunity employer and actively recruits to promote diversity in our workforce. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, status as a parent, national origin, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors.
You can read about the job and apply here.
Or copy and paste this address into your browser: https://jobs.jobvite.com/careers/kcrw/job/ogo3ifwJ?__jvst=job%20board&__jvsd=CPB