Edit journalistic videos, multimedia stories and television programs on a variety of topics to reach a broad audience and inspire a smarter world while demonstrating our values of integrity, community, innovation and diversity.
We are committed to building a team that represents a diversity of thought, experience and personal background. Our organization serves a diverse community, in terms of ethnicity, class, culture, language, sexual orientation and disabilities and we are committed to increasing diversity and inclusion amongst our staff population. We encourage everyone interested in this role to apply even if you don’t meet all of the requirements.
Hourly Rate: $31.35-$32.25
Location: Seattle - Must live in WA State, hybrid schedule available
CPM offers competitive benefits to team members working 20 hours or more a week. Benefits include:
- 11 paid holidays
- 1 personal holiday
- 4 weeks of Paid Time Off (PTO) to start
- Half-day Fridays during Summer
- Company-matched 401(k) Retirement Plan that is fully-vested immediately
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- $50 per month subsidy toward an ORCA card
- Use Adobe Premiere Pro and AVID Media Composer to organize and edit journalistic and documentary-style videos as well as broadcast programs for distribution across all platforms
- Develops “look and feel” for motion graphics sections of video series (along with Sr. Video Editor, Technical Production Manager, and Director of Original Productions) and creates assets as needed using Adobe After Effects, Photoshop, and other Adobe Creative Suite programs.
- Utilize After Effects to create lower 3rd titles, courtesy keys, and credits for use in all video content.
- Assistant Producing - gathering b-roll, assistant camera on interview shoots, location sound mixing (as needed when edit schedule is not priority).
- File organization, including cloud, drive and tape backups as needed per project
- Produce and edit additional video and audio assets for social media distribution as well as the broadcast interstitial space.
- Work with Senior Video Editor and Technical Production Manager to assist in media management and maintaining media asset archives
- Color correct for purpose of retouching images for story segments and also for overall broadcast specs to create consistency of videos across all platforms.
- Mix audio to broadcast specs to create consistency of all videos across all platforms (broadcast, OTT, and social media)
- Export final videos using correct codecs for their output destination (Broadcast, OTT, social media or events)
- Assist the Senior Video Editor with the technical evaluation and implementation of live or recorded studio and remote/field productions
- Advise Producers on uses and limitations of equipment
- Notify Technical Production Manager of equipment malfunctions
- Give input toward improving production strategies and timelines
- Collaborate with other team members to foster a positive and productive culture and contribute toward the overall growth of the CPM
- Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice
- Strong skills with color grading and audio mastering
- Experience with managing asset delivery for video content
- Ability to work independently, while keeping management informed
- Highly detail oriented with ability to manage multiple work streams with tight deadlines
- Proficient in Adobe After Effects, Photoshop and Illustrator CC
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of five years’ experience editing video and mixing audio
- Two years’ experience in motion graphic design
- Advanced knowledge of professional non-linear editing software required, AVID Media Composer and Adobe Premiere Pro
- Knowledge of and ability to operate and interpret output of waveform monitors and vector scopes required
- Ability to view data on a computer screen for long periods of time
- Ability to type on a keyboard for long periods of time
- Ability to see and distinguish colors required
- Ability to sit or stand for extended periods
- Ability to work some evenings, weekends and holidays as needed
- Must have a valid driver’s license or reliable means of transportation to meet requirements of the job