KERA is looking for a Digital Fundraising Coordinator to significantly attract, retain, convert and recapture new and existing members to build revenue and loyalty. This position will require a digital rockstar with an uncanny attention to detail who is ready to put their experience and passion for the mission of public broadcasting into action.
The station serves the country’s fifth-largest media market, reaching more than 2 million people weekly through KERA TV, KERA News, KXT and Art&Seek. For more than 60 years, North Texans have turned to KERA as a destination for community engagement and lifelong learning.
As we seek to recognize and reflect the increasing diversity among our audiences, we encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds and with diverse perspectives to consider employment opportunities at KERA.
KERA is hiring a Digital Fundraising Coordinator to execute membership fundraising emails and other initiatives as assigned for KERA and KXT. This person serves on a Digital Fundraising team responsible for exploring digital fundraising trends, as well as identifying opportunities to engage donors in effective and innovative direct fundraising strategies. This role specifically builds and executes digital fundraising e-communications for renewal, credit card decline recapture, EFT conversion, on-air fundraising support, prospect engagement and other strategic fundraising campaigns as needed.
The Coordinator will be an expert for the membership department’s emails, resulting in increased member acquisition, retention, conversion and upgrades. Meticulous organization will be critical for success in this role. This position will work closely with KERA’s Membership team to execute compelling email campaigns that achieve revenue targets.
- Prepare, pull and perform quality control measures for an evolving, ongoing series of segmented lists from the database
- Prepare and send monthly e-renewals, campaign emails and various other emails, as assigned
- Diligently organize digital campaign results by type for performance evaluation of digital fundraising efforts
- Strategize a digital email fundraising matrix for ease in donating, integrating and growing revenue dollars
- Build and deploy email campaigns that utilize list segmentation to deliver targeted content to a variety of audience segments with growth, retention and conversion in mind
- Employ working knowledge of email fundamentals, including A/B testing, list management and general design guidelines to communicate effectively with target lists
- Work collaboratively with internal teams on communication strategies to drive effective lead generation campaigns that achieve revenue goals
- Socialize ideas, make recommendations and build team consensus to improve email program
- Be an active participant in KERA’s work towards equity, diversity and inclusion
- Work in a manner that is consistent with KERA’s mission, vision and values; and maintain compliance with all company policies and procedures
- Comply with KERA’s COVID policies
- Perform additional duties as assigned
This list of job duties is not exhaustive and is subject to regular reviews and updates.
We believe a strong organization includes employees from a range of backgrounds, with different skills, experiences and passions. If you do not meet every position qualification but have some of these skills and feel you could be the right candidate for the job, we would like to hear from you. Please apply and tell us more about yourself.
- Experience with a customer relationship management (CRM) system such as Tessitura, Salesforce, Raiser’s Edge NXT or others
- Experience with an email marketing system such as WordFly, MailChimp, Constant Contact or others
- A background in digital fundraising or marketing
- Desire to learn about digital fundraising and trends within public media and beyond
- Strict attention to detail with exceptional organizational skills
- Ability to learn and adapt quickly to new technologies and opportunities
- Ability to self-direct daily activities and set priorities
- Microsoft Office experience with robust Excel skills
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to produce written communications in a variety of formats
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications or a related field
- Experience running marketing or fundraising communications channels/campaigns
- Solid understanding of the mechanics and lifecycle of email
- Experience building audience-focused engagement products across email and other channels such as SMS, push notifications and emerging messaging platforms
- Passion for and experience in public broadcasting is a plus, but not required
- Fluent in multiple languages, Spanish preferred
$52,000 - $59,000, depending on experience
KERA is partially operating remotely due to the pandemic. When we return to the office in 2022, we will continue to provide flexibility for our staff to work remotely if they so choose. We expect that this position will work out of our office at least 25% of the time, possibly more during on-air member campaigns.
KERA is an Equal Opportunity Employer
KERA believes that diversity is important to our success. We are committed to equal employment opportunity and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, religion, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.
How to Apply
Complete the application on KERA’s employment page and attach a resume and cover letter.