KERA, the public broadcasting station in North Texas, is hiring a Producer/Editor as part of its Creative Services team to lead the creation of multiple types of video content for KERA and KXT’s platforms.
WHO WE ARE
KERA reaches more than 2 million people weekly through KERA TV, KERA News, KXT and Art&Seek. For more than 60 years, North Texans have turned to KERA as a destination for trusted educational programming and initiatives, community engagement and lifelong learning.
As we seek to recognize and reflect the increasing diversity among our audiences, we encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds and with diverse perspectives to consider employment opportunities at KERA
The Producer is responsible for all aspects of the creation of multiple forms of custom content for KERA and KXT’s various platforms. The duties of this position involve all aspects of pre- and post-production, working with the content and audience development teams to develop, research and write intellectual and creative content.
This person will also work as an Editor for KERA productions. This part of the role requires a creative storyteller who uses visuals, sound and graphics to produce compelling content. The job responsibilities include off-site filming for various projects, editing short-form interstitials, series editing for broadcast television and digital distribution, audio mixing, managing an archival system for production assets and producing marketing and revenue content. The ability to see a project from pre-production through post-production and delivery for broadcast and digital platforms is crucial.
The Producer/Editor will report to the Manager of Creative Services is an FLSA classified exempt position, which not eligible for overtime.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Writes, edits, and produces custom TV promos, interstitials, and station IDs, including content and fundraising initiatives, community engagement/educational content and testimonials
- Directs and operates camera and sound for off-site production
- Edits digital and broadcast series and pledge materials
- Assists with weekly promo production and scheduling
- Works with Underwriting team to produce digital sponsorship spots
- Digitizes or ingests media and preps for editing
- Edits video by making good shot selections and adding titles, graphics, visual effects, and sound
- Works on the production and recording of voiceovers for custom spots
- Delivers files to traffic, uploads to Web or ftp sites, servers, departments, or clients, authors DVDs, archives as necessary
- Stays up to date on new technology and standards
- Be an active participant in KERA’s work towards equity, diversity, inclusion and belonging.
- Work in a manner that is consistent with KERA’s mission, vision and values; and maintain compliance with all company policies and procedures
- Comply with KERA’s COVID policies
- Perform additional duties as assigned
This list of job duties is not exhaustive and is subject to regular reviews and updates.
WHO YOU ARE
We believe a strong organization includes employees from a range of backgrounds, with different skills, experiences and passions. If you do not meet every position qualification but have some of these skills and feel you could be the right candidate for the job, we would like to hear from you. Please apply and tell us more about yourself.
- 3 years’ experience in broadcasting production or advertising
- Good command of Adobe Premiere Pro required; familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects, Audition, Adobe Media Encoder)
- Experience with cinema cameras, DSLR cameras, audio mixers, microphones, and lighting equipment
- Excellent creative writing skills
- Solid non-linear editing experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Detail oriented and accurate
- Dependable, adaptable
- Ability to work under strict deadline with great attention to detail and little supervision
- Ability to prioritize and coordinate multiple projects at the same time
- Be able to rapidly learn new equipment and software
BONUS IF YOU BRING
- Previous experience as a Producer/Editor in an agency environment
- Basic knowledge of Avid Media Composer and Final Cut Pro
- Passion for and experience in public broadcasting is a plus, but not required.
- Fluent in multiple languages, Spanish preferred
$60,000 - $70,000, depending on experience
- Generous vacation, sick, personal time and holidays
- Comprehensive health, dental and vision insurance
- Flexible scheduling and hybrid work environment
- 403b plan with KERA-match after 1 year
- Culture focused on diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging
- Robust employee assistance program
KERA is returning to the office after the pandemic. However, we will continue to provide flexibility for our staff to work remotely if they so choose. We expect that this position will work out of our office at least 50% of the time.
KERA is an Equal Opportunity Employer
KERA believes that diversity is important to our success. We are committed to equal employment opportunity and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, religion, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.
HOW TO APPLY
- Complete the application on KERA’s employment page.
- Please include a cover letter indicating why you’re excited about joining the KERA team