KUOW Puget Sound Public Radio is Seattle’s NPR news station. We are an independent, nonprofit news organization producing award-winning journalism, podcasts, and events in service to the 3.9 million people in our coverage area. As a self-sustaining service of the University of Washington, our mission is to create and serve a more informed public.
COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY AND RACIAL EQUITY
KUOW and the University of Washington are equal opportunity employers. KUOW is dedicated to building a culturally diverse staff and creating a working environment that promotes racial equity and inclusiveness. We believe attracting and retaining diverse staff is crucial to serving our community and fulfilling our mission. Women, Black, Indigenous and people of color (BIPOC), LGBTQ+ individuals, people with disabilities and veterans are highly encouraged to apply.
We have an outstanding opportunity for a Program Coordinator to serve as a central point of contact for staff and visitors to KUOW related to building facilities, access, and safety.
Under general supervision the Program Coordinator will perform a variety of central support services related to facilities, safety and general office functions. The position is responsible for establishing and maintaining accurate record keeping, filing systems, and database entries.
KUOW is seeking a detail-oriented, customer-focused Program Coordinator to partner with the KUOW Operations and IT teams, UW Facilities, and other relevant departments to guarantee a safe and positive experience for all staff, visitors, and customers. The Program Coordinator takes lead working with our online ticketing systems including, Envoy, Omnilert, and other technologies to process building maintenance and entry requests.
The Program Coordinator is a member of the Administration and Culture team and provides support to the front office staff. The coordinator will help answer customer requests and redirect inquirers to our CRM systems.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
I. Building Coordinator and Safety
• Coordinate with facilities, Operations, IT, and the general staff regarding maintenance office, and safety requests.
• Distribute ID Badges and parking passes for guests; maintain visitor log
• Communicate any general office and security equipment service needs.
• Open and secure KUOW front office
• Greet and direct station guests/visitors and alert staff members of their arrival
• Manage the Safety Alert System – Omnilert
• Liaise with Facilities Services, Environmental Health and Safety, Emergency Management, and outside vendors;
• Serve as unit COVID-19 supervisor
• Deal with uninvited guests according to KUOW policy
• Attend UW Building Coordinator periodic meetings
• Serve on UW Health and Safety Committee
• Assist senior staff with updating Emergency Operating Procedures
• Lead periodic safety drills and facilitate safety training
• Serves on the Workplace Safety Team
• Assist in planning All Staff Safety Events
II. Office Support:
• Handle and route internal and external calls on a multi-line phone system
• Refer questions and requests for information to the appropriate station departments (e.g. Programming, Development, IT, Engineering, and Accounting)
• Update customer service database with follow-up responses to telephone and email queries.
• Open, sort, and distribute daily incoming mail to internal mailboxes
• Functional supervision of front office hourly/part-time and temporary employees
• Maintain and update Front Office Manuals
• Maintain Public Files
• Provide secondary administrative support to PSPR Board of Directors
• Other duties as assigned
Position reports to the Director of Admin Operations & Culture
- High school graduation or equivalent AND two years of building coordination experience OR equivalent education/experience
Equivalent education/experience will substitute for all minimum qualifications except when there are legal requirements, such as a license/certification/registration.
• Proficient in MS Outlook, commitment to on-going technical skill development as relates to position
• General computer proficiency, including ability to use Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word, and Outlook); Knowledge of Customer/client relationship database; and standard office equipment.
• Ability to work some evenings, weekends and on-call shifts as needed
• Ability to handle multiple tasks with a positive and professional manner
• Two years of applicable experience or equivalent education and/or customer service experience
• Excellent interpersonal communication skills appropriately tailored to different recipients
• Moderate to heavy physical tasks up to lifting 40 pounds unassisted
• Lifting, stretching, climbing steps, bending and moving office supplies/small equipment may be required