Data Analyst, USC Radio Group
Job Title: Data Analyst, USC Radio Group
Reports to: Vice President, Marketing and Sponsorships, USC Radio Group
Division/Department: University Relations/USC Radio Group
Job Location: Los Angeles or San Francisco
America’s major classical stations KUSC Los Angeles and KDFC San Francisco are creating a first-ever Data Analytics position to track and analyze audience data across all departments. This is an opportunity to make a significant impact understanding the audience of the country’s most dynamic and successful classical stations.
The analytics specialist will be responsible for tracking and analyzing how content performs and resonates with target audiences and dissects how audiences behave online. This team member also works with other teams to develop a tracking dashboard with target KPIs and report on results and trends that can lead to better strategies. The analytics specialist is an essential part of the feedback loop that evaluates performance and guides future decisions based on maximizing content performance and engagement.
USC Radio Group’s mission is to make a positive impact on individuals and communities by championing the power of classical music. Our goal is to nurture a love of classical music for all, and we have an ambitious growth plan, including new on air, online and in-person engagement, to help achieve it. The Marketing Director will be a critical member of the team as we launch new initiatives in the next few years.
USC Radio Group is the largest classical music public media service in the U.S. It includes two major classical stations. KUSC is located in downtown Los Angeles and serves communities throughout Southern California. KDFC is located in downtown San Francisco, serving the Bay area and other communities in Northern California. The stations are licensed to the University of Southern California, one of the leading research universities in the nation, with a respected commitment to classical music, arts and the community.
The Data Analyst will continually 1) report on and, 2) optimize performance across all customer and audience facing activities including Revenue, Marketing and Brand activities conducted by the organization. Looking through the lens of existing market research and persona segments, the Data Analyst will: Collect and interpret data, analyze results, report results back to the business via real time dashboards and summary reports, identify patterns and trends in data sets and work alongside marketing and management teams to establish, monitor and actively improve KPIs across Membership Revenue, Radio Audience, Website and App Traffic, Social Media Performance, Digital Advertising, Sales & Underwriting, and CRM Platform.
Reporting to the VP, Marketing and Sponsorships, the Data Analyst is a key member of the Brand Team. S/he executes the USC Radio Group vision and champions its culture and values.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Establish content performance KPIs and analytics benchmarks to measure content publishing and distribution effectiveness
- Develop tracking and reporting to identify content performance and identify trends in content engagement
- Develop actionable insights to guide future content development and distribution strategies
- Generate reports to track KPIs and to inform university leadership about online content performance and engagement; reporting should include topline analysis to "tell a story" that helps guide decisions about additional opportunities
- Review SEO campaigns to identify impact and guide strategy refinement on Google Search Console
- Coordinate with ITS to ensure content platforms are optimized to support best practices in analytics and reporting
- Develop and maintain ongoing reports/dashboards as well as ad hoc analyses
- Familiarity with working with and setting up conversion goals and experiments on Google Analytics, tag setup via Google Tag Manager, working with UTM tracking codes, and backend analytics on leading social media platforms.
- Experience working with large data sets and leading web analytics tools is essential, proficiency with data visualization and dashboard development a must.
- Track KPIs that demonstrate growth & engagement.
- Understand the donor journey from sampling our service to financially supporting it
- Support membership and sponsorship in developing case messaging to showcase brand value for revenue generation.
- Partner with cross-functional teams to ensure cohesive and consistent messaging to prospective and existing customers.
- Manage and timelines, ensuring all milestones are met.
- Create and deliver clear and compelling presentations to senior stakeholders.
- Be comfortable multitasking.
- Work with CRM, specifically Hubspot, to analyze data, create personas and workflows.
- Contribute to an inclusive environment, building and maintaining strong cross-functional relationships and a deep understanding of organizational and university cultures.
- Uphold the USC Code of Ethics.
- 5 years relevant experience in a marketing/brand manager role.
- Thorough knowledge of marketing and management.
- Knowledge of the principles, practices, concepts, methodology, and techniques of marketing including social media and CRM.
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated creative and artistic skills.
- General computer skills
- Love of data with the ability to think analytically. Ability to solve problems through analysis and the can summarize finding concisely.
- Expert in MS Excel with proficiencies in other data analysis software.
- Knowledge of Inbound marketing and CRM techniques using Hubspot .
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business, or other relevant fields.
- Combined work experience/college education as substitute for minimum education.
What we offer:
- Competitive Salary, commensurate with experience
- Competitive benefit package
Please include the following documents in your application:
- Cover Letter
USC Radio Group is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.