Are you interested in nurturing a love of classical music while expanding the membership of two major classical stations? We invite you to bring your fundraising expertise to the University of Southern California Radio Group (USCRG). We are seeking an experienced Director of Membership, to join our team and to take our membership program to the next level. We have an ambitious growth plan and finding new and innovative ways to engage members is a key part of it. USC Radio Group includes two major classical stations. KUSC, located in downtown Los Angeles, serves communities throughout Southern California. KDFC, located in downtown San Francisco, serves the Bay area and other communities in Northern California. The stations are licensed to the University of Southern California, one of the leading research universities in the nation, with a respected commitment to classical music, arts and the community.
The position is located in Los Angeles.
The Director of Membership reports directly to the Chief Philanthropic Officer and is responsible for leading the membership team in creating and executing an integrated, multi-platform, multi-channel, fundraising strategy for retaining and acquiring recurring and annual members. The channels include on-air (radio), direct mail, digital fundraising, and social media. Generally, this includes donors with gift levels from $1 - $1,000, with current membership revenues at $11 million. The Director of Membership promotes a culture of philanthropy both internally and externally, and practices donor-centered fundraising.
- Demonstrated experience in creating strategy, management, organization and execution of specific fundraising programs which include annual membership drives for both KUSC and KDFC.
- Contributes to short and long-term strategic planning efforts for fundraising activities.
- Recommends annual fundraising goals and objectives for membership fundraising programs.
- Assesses, analyzes, and evaluates membership fundraising projects.
- Applies best practices with traditional and new, innovative forms of fund-raising.
- Understands how to use research and data analytics to inform and drive fund-raising strategies and tactics.
- Identifies strategies for cultivation/stewardship of membership/prospects for growth of membership program and retention of members.
- Manages annual membership budget and makes recommendations for development of future budget.
- Works closely with direct mail company to write, edit and produce fundraising marketing materials.
- Supervises Gift Processing and Customer Service staff and oversees all aspects of customer service for both KUSC and KDFC.
- Assigns and prioritizes workloads of membership staff as needed.
- Minimum bachelor’s degree or combined experience/education as substitute for minimum education
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in fundraising – public media fundraising preferred
- Experience in revenue forecasting and business plans
- Excellent writing, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Three plus years of supervisory experience and team management
- Ability to create a collaborative and inclusive environment
The University of Southern California is an Equal Opportunity Employer that Values Diversity
TO APPLY: www.usc.edu
Select “Jobs” at the bottom of the page
Click on “Job Seekers”