The Statewide public television service, Montana PBS is a partnership of Montana State University-Bozeman (KUSM) and the University of Montana-Missoula (KUFM).
The Director of Digital Engagement is a member of the Montana PBS leadership team and will collaborate with all departments to carry out the public media mission to share diverse stories, connect Montana citizens, discover common ground and celebrate the independent spirit and beauty of Montana. The Director of Digital Engagement for Montana PBS will lead us to develop and implement our digital strategy online, on air and in the community. This growth minded individual will work alongside award winning producers and dedicated professionals to strategically produce and share educational media that elevates, encourages and has positive influence on the lives of Montanans.
The Director will collaborate with Montana PBS leadership at both stations to develop and articulate Montana PBS’s comprehensive digital services plan and work with creative content producers to, create, promote and enhance their original video programming for online audiences. The Director will also serve as primary support for the online efforts of Montana PBS’s fundraising, marketing, and educational outreach initiatives.
- Will serve as Montana PBS’s chief digital strategist and champion, working with staff across all departments to continually grow and improve the station’s digital engagement and growth of viewers.
- Leverage new technologies, such as emerging “over the top” digital content delivery platforms to better serve Montana PBS audiences.
- Serve as the primary liaison with national PBS Digital & Marketing division to ensure timely local implementation of new and innovative PBS projects and/or products.
- Serve as primary digital liaison with other public media entities as well as Montana State University and the University of Montana.
- Research and/or develop comprehensive analytics of online and digital usage of Montana PBS services; set metrics for digital asset usage; evaluate return on investment and regularly report on progress toward viewer engagement goals
- Work with the promotions, education, fundraising and programming departments to develop comprehensive promotion strategies
- Manage and develop email marketing campaigns for multiple departments and initiatives
- Produce and manage all press releases on behalf of both stations
- Develop, strategize and execute unique social media campaigns, across multiple channels (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube)
- Manage and develop metadata keywords and search engine optimization for all projects/platforms as needed
- Manage the overall design and look of all Montana PBS web platforms, providing coding for specialized applications
- Daily management of the Montana PBS website and media portals
- As the lead web developer for Montana PBS, this position will use several Content Management Systems (CMS) for the development and administration of digital platforms
- Assure that Montana PBS branding is consistent across platforms
- Establish positive working relationships with both stations and across all departments
- Serve as an enthusiastic resource to others, advancing their initiatives and creative projects, thereby fulfilling Montana PBS mission to viewers
- Provide leadership to staff in learning and implementing new technologies
- Supervise student employees working on digital engagement projects
- Co-chair Outreach and Engagement committee in collaboration with Development and Education leadership
- Collaborate with Development, Education and Production to host engagement events online and in the community
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Journalism, Communication, Public Relations, Information Technology or other related field, or an equivalent combination of education and applicable experience
- Outstanding verbal communication and writing skills as it pertains to all internal and external communications
- Demonstrated experience using web content management systems and web development best practices, current trends in media distribution and consumption
- Demonstrated experience developing online content and marketing strategies, and the integration of social media tools
- Demonstrated experience with multi-platform content distribution strategy, live streaming and the integration of social media tools.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate in a creative team environment
- Demonstrated experience with responsive web design
- Demonstrated experience working with digital media and video production
- Demonstrated experience with Broadcast Media
- Demonstrated experience with video streaming and encoding
- Familiarity with public television programming and mission
Apply at Montana State University jobs website