Great opportunity to provide high level administrative support in a trusted public media organizations.
Quality television has the power to elevate our understanding of the world, encourage respect for one another and influence our lives in a positive way. Montana PBS shares diverse stories; connects our citizens; discovers common ground and celebrates the independent spirit and beauty of Montana through its broadcast programs and educational services.
This position will provide support for all top-level Montana PBS directors by providing clerical, accounting, human resource and program support as well as receiving clients and visitors, and scheduling events/meetings. Also responsible for training and supervising lower-level administrative staff.
- Manage hiring, training, and supervision of all clerical staff related to office policies and procedures, duties, and tasks. Schedule shifts, oversee time sheet and web time sheet entry.
- Provide human resource support using MSU systems and procedures, including the completion of employee action forms and serving as search committee administrator.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining relationships with corporate/business underwriters with the goal of securing financial support through general broadcast underwriting to benefit Montana PBS. This includes focusing on donor/corporate identification, qualification, solicitation, and stewardship. Revenue generated base requirements set for this individual to track his/her success.
- Analyze audience data, prepare reports, collect and analyze information, prepare presentations.
- Prepare quarterly FCC Public Inspections files for all transmitters.
- Assist with budget preparation, EEO reporting, and year-end financial preparation.
- Assist with accounting and finance daily activities including preparation of BPA’s.
- Perform annual Hours by Function analysis.
- Manage mandatory annual Sexual Harassment and Bias Prevention Training for all staff and students, assuring compliance with federal CPB requirements.
- Oversee incoming calls for appropriate directors and parties, following up if necessary. Interact with viewers and donors when appropriate and problem solve. Document complaints and develop an appropriate course of action.
- Prepare and maintain the program sales website including sales, inventory, deposits, and reporting.
- Overseeing administrative policies within an organization and within the office; recommending changes as appropriate. Evaluate policies to ensure they are in compliance with PBS, CPB, and Montana State University rules and missions.
- Record meeting discussions and provide minutes.
- Maintain office inventory and office supplies, manage office equipment. Anticipate office needs; evaluate new office products; negotiate pricing, place and expedite orders when necessary. Monitor supply budget, track, and report on.
- Plan and facilitate various events or meetings as required by directors. Statewide travel involved.
Because Montana PBS is dedicated to increasing diversity in broadcasting, women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
KUSM-TV / MontanaPBS