The Membership and Database Coordinator supports a variety of fundraising efforts for Montana PBS including coordinating pledge drive logistics, database management and maintenance, and stewardship processes for members.
KUSM-TV is a public broadcasting station owned and operated by Montana State University. Together with KUFM-TV, located at the University of Montana in Missoula, KUSM operates as Montana PBS – a state-wide public television service. KUSM also services MSU-Bozeman and the School of Film and Photography academic department by providing a real-world complete television environment for laboratory and internship coursework, and also provides complete television production services to on-campus departments, other public agencies, and to the private sector.
- Act as the internal subject matter expert on the Montana PBS customer relationship management tool, providing support and problem-solving assistance to other members of the team.
- Responsible for building data reports to serve the entire Development Department and Finance team. Also responsible for ongoing data report requests, including donor analysis and special projects.
- Oversee regular station processes for member mailings such as gift solicitations, membership benefits, etc.
- Manage premium incentive gifts for local programming from vendor ordering to fulfillment to inventory tracking.
- Create regular and as-needed reports with an understanding of query structure and provide analytical insight on pledge drive fundraising.
- Train others on processes and facilitate projects for both general membership and Major Donors.
- Communicate pledge drive programming and premium information to the appropriate teams to ensure information in the database is accurately prepared in advance.
- Oversee tasks performed by student employees and prepare materials from the database for their regular duties.
- Perform general account maintenance and regular data cleanup.
- Perform basic data entry.
- Provides back-up phone coverage and correspondence to membership emails.
- Assists with Friends of Montana PBS donor outreach events alongside membership and development throughout the year.
- Other projects as assigned.
Required Qualifications – Experience, Education, Knowledge & Skills
- A Bachelor’s degree in related field from an accredited college or university, or an equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
- Demonstrated applied knowledge of computer applications and fundamentals (i.e. Microsoft Office suite, database management, records maintenance, reporting functions, and mail merge, etc.).
- Experience with databases and structuring basic queries and building custom reports.
- Proficiency with business reporting tools (i.e. Tableau).
- Experience with inventory processes and procedures.
Preferred Qualifications – Experience, Education, Knowledge & Skills
- Experience with member-based non-profit organizations including working with a board of directors and/or volunteers.
- Knowledge of non-profit fundraising methodology preferred.
- Basic knowledge of public radio and/or television and its programming goals.
- Development database experience specifically with using a major donor module program
- Personal face to face donor/business customer service experience.
The Successful Candidate Will
- Possess excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Able to execute multiple tasks in an organized manner and respond appropriately to multiple demands.
- Perform detailed work with a high level of accuracy, manage projects effectively, strategize new techniques, and have the ability to recommend and implement successful organizational procedures and respond to rapid change, growth, and new assignments.
- Encourage and maintain collaboration in a team environment.
- Maintain and elevate positive relationships with the membership and other constituents and seek new mutual beneficial relationships.
Montana State University values diverse perspectives and is committed to continually supporting, promoting and building an inclusive and culturally diverse campus environment. MSU recognizes the importance of work-life integration and strives to be responsive to the needs of dual career couples.
In compliance with the Montana Veteran’s Employment Preference Act, MSU provides preference in employment to veterans, disabled veterans, and certain eligible relatives of veterans. To claim veteran’s preference please complete the veteran’s preference information located in the Demographics section of your profile.
MSU’s Non-Discrimination Policy and Discrimination Grievance Procedures can be located on the MSU Website: https://www.montana.edu/hr/recruitment/dualcareer.html