This position will be responsible for any technological duties associated with cloud computing, including designing, planning, management, maintenance, and supporting AWS cloud infrastructure. This position is critical in the engineering and implementing of the Maryland Public Television cloud migration and Enterprise Modernization project. This position will drive projects using DevOps/Automation tools including AWS Cloud Formation, Cloud Endure, Ansible, Jenkins, Git Setup High Availability, and DR environments in AWS. By implementing best practices based upon the AWS well-architected framework, this position will architect, plan, develop, implement, and integrate engineering solutions within MPT's Private Cloud infrastructure.
This is a Special Appointment position and serves at the pleasure of the Appointing Authority.
- Systems Administrator and Network Engineer-related duties.
- Set up, maintain, and troubleshoot network equipment.
- Administer Virtual Environment, Hyper-V, Linux operating system.
- Respond to help desk calls and assist users with desktop and software problems.
- Administer cloud-based services including AWS, Exchange, Office 365.
- Other related duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in Information Technology, Computer Science, Management Information Systems or other technology-related fields, includes course work in local or wide area computer networks.
Two (2) years of experience designing and implementing LAN/WAN knowledge to help design and install internal and external networks.
Two (2) years of experience in System administration, installing, configuring, and maintaining Linux operating systems.
1. Candidates may substitute professional network engineering experience on a year-for year basis for the required education.
2. Candidates may substitute additional graduate education at an accredited college or university at the rate of thirty credit hours for each year of the required experience.
3. Candidates may substitute the U.S. Armed Forces military service experience in Database Administration classifications or Database Administration specialty codes in the Information Technology field of work on a year for year basis for the required experience and education.
Resumes will NOT be accepted in lieu of completing the online or paper application.