Main Purpose Of Job
This position will manage MPT's recruitment for regular staff employees, contractual employees, freelance positions and also manage MPT's internship program. Create job specifications for all positions. Compile data for reports. Facilitate orientation for new hires. Utilize JobAps, Workday, and other online systems for recruiting and processing new hires. The individual in this position will work on reclassifications and other personnel actions. Complete FCC396B report. Serve as backup for specific benefit areas. Attend job fairs, including outreach programs. Coordinate with the finance department, DBM, and central payroll to resolve personnel and payroll issues. The MPT Director of Talent and Recruitment will facilitate prospective employees through the recruitment and onboarding process. Lead managers through recruitment training. Participate on the diversity, equity, inclusion, and justice committee.
This is a Special Appointment position and serves at the pleasure of the Appointing Authority.
Possible hybrid work schedules are available.
- MPT Director of talent and recruitment will utilize JobAps, Workday, and World Wide Web systems for recruitment.
- Manage new hires' data processing, reclassifications, and other personnel and organizational actions.
- Compile reports for applicant data flow sheet.
- Complete the human resource portion of the FCC396B.
- The Director will serve as backup for specific benefit areas.
- Participate in and assist employee engagement and outreach programs.
- Participate in hiring panels during interviews.
- Advise managers on recruiting process.
- Manage MPT's internship program.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or appropriate discipline
- Experience: Minimum of 4 years related experience.
For education obtained outside the U.S., a copy of the equivalent American education as determined by a foreign credential evaluation service must accompany the application.
Resumes will NOT be accepted in lieu of completing the online or paper application.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Strong preference will be given to applicants who possess the following preferred qualification(s), including clear and specific information on the application regarding these qualifications.
- Ability to engage managers in the recruiting process.
- Familiarity with recruitment regulations.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Working knowledge of Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to independently work on projects with staff.
- Ability to appropriately correspond with staff and management.
- Ability to collaborate and lead teams.
- State experience is preferred.