The Digital Content Coordinator at Nashville Public Radio plays a pivotal role in developing and executing the organization's digital strategy. Working primarily with WNXP (our music station), this position is responsible for managing and growing Nashville Public Radio's digital presence across various platforms, engaging with the audience, and driving digital revenue growth. The Digital Content Coordinator combines creativity, technical expertise, and strategic thinking to enhance brand visibility and deliver compelling digital experiences for the station's audience.
- Manage WNXP's social media channels. This includes a focus on developing and engaging in platform-appropriate presence on Instagram, YouTube, TikTok, and other relevant platforms.
- Create captivating video content by editing existing WNXP elements and exploring innovative ways to present our programming.
- Collaborate closely with the programming and promotions teams to enhance our presence and strategy on YouTube, ensuring maximum visibility and engagement.
- Serve as the default web post editor, working alongside the WNXP team to maintain an engaging and informative online presence.
- Take charge of editing The Weekly Record Newsletter, ensuring its quality and relevance for our audience.
- Assist in the execution and management of giveaways to drive audience participation and excitement.
- Provide support for events and engagement initiatives, fostering meaningful connections with our community.
- Collaborate with the organization-wide digital team to align our digital efforts and share best practices.
- Enhance our fundraising, theme programming, and editorial initiatives through strategic digital and social planning.
NECESSSARY SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Professional and Soft Skills
- Computer literacy in applicable programs and excellent verbal communication skills
- Problem-solving ability and skill in prioritizing
- Ability to interact with management and staff at all levels and to multi-task and handle pressures and deadlines
- Skill in operation of control board, remote broadcasting, and other related production equipment
- Adobe Suite of Products: Specifically graphic design and video editing skill and experience
- Website & Web Content Maintenance: Experience with web-based content management systems and/or WordPress.
Preferred Bonus Skills & Experience
- DJ / On-air live hosting
- Photography and videography
TEAM CENTERED SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal, with a proven ability to present information in a concise, accurate and persuasive format.
- Experienced at multi-tasking, working calmly under the pressure of deadlines, while managing competing priorities.
- Demonstrated proficiency in utilizing Windows operating systems and familiarity with utilizing various grant submission systems and portals.
- Work effectively in a collaborative, highly team-oriented environment, yet possess initiative, self-motivation and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
3-5 years of experience with digital content development, audience engagement, and management of digital platforms.
GENERAL POSITION INFORMATION
Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time, salaried, exempt position. Days and hours of work vary, but often run Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Occasional weekend and evening hours will be necessary.
This position can be in-office or a hybrid structure.
The employee in this position is frequently standing, walking, or sitting; using hands to finger, handle, or feel; reaching with hands and arms, and talking or hearing.
Lifts Weight or Exerts Force Work Environment
The employee in this position may regularly lift up to 20 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
$62,000+ (Negotiable based on experience)
- Clips. Please upload a document with three to five links to examples of your work. Include a brief explanation of why you’ve chosen these examples.
- Resume. Please keep it to two pages and submit it as a PDF.
ABOUT NASHVILLE PUBLIC RADIO
Nashville Public Radio serves Middle Tennessee by providing trusted in-depth news, engaging music, and unique cultural programs on 90.3 FM WPLN News, WNXP, Nashville Classical Radio, and our various digital platforms. For more than 60 years, listeners have turned to this community supported service for programming that inspires conversation and curiosity, educates, and entertains. Our values are:
- To operate the station at the highest level of professional standards and integrity.
- To be responsive to our listeners, members, supporters, and public.
- To exhibit mutual respect for our peers and audience.
- To value the member and community support that our station receives.
- To work together in an environment that encourages participation and sharing of the decisions that affect the station and our listeners.
Nashville Public Radio is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusivity in our hiring. Nashville Public Radio is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or status as a protected veteran. As part of this commitment, we will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided with reasonable accommodation.
Nashville Public Radio offers a generous benefit package including medical, vision, dental, and a robust Employee Assistance Program inclusive of six free sessions of counseling each year and basic legal assistance. Long-term disability and life insurance are provided at no cost to employees. We also have up to 40 days of paid parental or medical leave, inclusive for adoptive and/or foster parents.
In addition to these benefits, employees receive vacation and sick leave, access to a 401(k) plan with employer matching, and 13 paid holidays, 2 of which are floating to employee preference.
The job profile is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change, and/or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.