This position reports to the Senior Director of Engineering and will work closely with both the Senior Director of Engineering and the Network Administrator. This position assists with all aspects of information technology, production engineering and broadcast engineering responsibilities, including production tasks as needed.
Essential Duties/Responsibilities Associated with Broadcast Engineering:
- Understanding of the broadcast chain for ATSC 1.0 and ATSC 3.0
- Install and maintain broadcast equipment
- Troubleshoot and repair broadcast and production equipment
- Set-up and shade studio cameras for NPT productions and studio rentals
- Set-up production server for multi-camera records and playbacks
- Provide support for NPT editors and quality control aspects for distribution using the lastest PBS Technical Operation Specifications
- Provide support in maintaining building systems (HVAC, Security System, Electrical, Plumbing, etc.)
Essential Duties/Responsibilities Associated with IT:
- Understanding of basic Network Infrastructure
- Understanding and maintaining DNS, DHCP, Routers, Switches, Corporate Firewalls; VPNs.
- Understanding and maintaining standard TCP/IP ports
- Understanding and maintaining network security (mail, network, basic IP)
- Familiarity with current Microsoft servers and active directory
- Familiarity with Group Policy
- Familiarity with Microsoft Hyper-V virtual machines
- Familiarity with Windows deployment services
- Familiarity with WSUS
- Familiarity with Linux
- Familiarity in PC and Mac operations
- Ability to troubleshoot hardware / software related problems
- Ability to document the network
- Competence in Desktop Windows 10 Pro / Enterprise
- Competence in MS Office products (Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, Teams, Visio)
Knowledge/Skills & Abilities: Ability to provide support within the information technologies (IT) and Engineering component of all of NPT’s broadcast and network infrastructure. This includes operations and maintenance of all broadcast IT and networking systems for administration, production, and over the air systems. Respect for the security of NPT’s considerable broadcast-related networking and IT infrastructure as well as associated delivery and operations systems. Work will be performed under general supervision, but ability to work on multiple tasks simultaneously and independently is a plus.
Education and Experience: Certification or degreed in information technologies, broadcast engineering or a related field is preferred. Additionally, three to seven years of experience in a technical operations field is preferred as well as a willingness to gain additional knowledge / training in the field of broadcast engineering; informational technology and cyber security.
Work Environment & Physical Demands:
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Individuals may need to sit or stand for extended periods as needed. May require reaching above shoulder heights, below the waist, or lifting as required, up to 50 pounds. Proper lifting techniques required. Work space varies from inside, to working outside for extended periods during the day. While primarily a traditional work schedule, this position could include some nights and weekends.
Submit cover letter and resume to Human Resources, Attn: Engineering/IT Associate, Nashville Public Television, 161 Rains Avenue, Nashville, TN 37203; or submit e-mail to email@example.com. Position open until filled.
NPT is an Equal Opportunity Employer