Nevada Public Radio offers a unique opportunity for a sales professional to apply for the position of Account Executive (AE). In a highly visible outside position, this motivated sales representative will act as one of the station’s ambassadors to the business community. Following a consultative sales approach, under the direction of the Senior Director of Revenue (SDR), the AE will develop and grow new and existing local and regional support by targeting markets, initiating cold calls, setting appointments, presenting, prospecting, proposing marketing solutions and closing sales with owners, decision makers, advertising agencies and media buyers. Primary responsibilities include securing media buys for locally produced broadcast programming, online media, print publications and special events.
The AE will work closely with the SDR to gain full understanding of our suite of products and organizational culture, but the growth potential in this position is limited only by your own success.
The Account Executive reports to the Senior Director of Revenue.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Working to learn the organizational structure and sales process for Nevada Public Radio.
- Work within in a team-based collaborative department to achieve department and organizational goals.
- Meet and exceed monthly, quarterly and annual sales performance goals both individually and as a part of a team.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with clients and prospects.
- Schedule in person on premise sales meetings with both current and prospective clients.
- Submit reports of sales activities – aka call sheets.
- Identify prospective customers and compile information on competitive products.
- Facilitate accurate broadcast scheduling and airing.
- Facilitate on-air spot content and adherence to FCC guidelines (under advisement of department leadership).
- Manage progress on client development and sales initiatives utilizing an online CRM system (Salesforce).
- Maintain accurate client and prospect files and records that are current, organized and accessible.
- Maintain correct billing and contract information for all clients/prospects.
- Adhere to accounting department payment and collection procedures.
- Represent organization at community networking events.
- Understand and use broadcast research such as Arbitron and qualitative statistics such as Scarborough.
- Work towards an understanding of the unique nature of public radio to be able to effectively advocate for the products and services.
- Participate in organizational fundraising and community events as directed.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES:
This position will be evaluated based on demonstrating the following knowledge, skills and abilities in carrying out the duties assigned above:
- Strong written, oral and visual communications skills.
- Must be computer proficient—particularly in Excel and Word, and able to learn Marketron traffic software, and other media statistical software.
- Ability to identify, cultivate and maintain immediate and long-term business relationships with a large number of clients.
- Ability to project a professional and pleasant demeanor.
- Skilled in time management.
- Ability to actively contribute as a team member of the underwriting staff.
- Highly motivated and creative with knowledge of required marketing skills and a willingness to develop and learn through training.
- An understanding of and appreciation for advertising sales.
- High School Graduate/GED and/or Associates Degree, Bachelor’s Degree in a compatible field is a plus.
- Previous sales experience required.
- Driver’s license and insured vehicle that can be used for station business.
- Must be able to travel/drive
- Must be able to lift 15 pounds at times
- Must be able to sit at a desk for prolonged periods
- Must be able to sit or stand working on a computer
- Must be able to type, reach
FLSA CLASSIFICATION - Exempt; salaried.
Salary plus guaranteed commission, commensurate with experience, totaling $65,000 - $75,000 your first year. (top earners regularly break six figures)
- Uncapped Income Potential
- full-time, exempt position with comprehensive benefits package
Any employment offers made for this position will be contingent on passing a pre-employment background and DMV record check.
All Nevada Public Radio employees are asked to sign their understanding of and compliance with our Employee Handbook upon acceptance of an offer of employment. This document covers the benefits available to NVPR employees, our policies and procedures and our commitment to providing a safe, inclusive, non-discriminatory, and welcoming work environment.
In addition, upon acceptance of an offer of employment, the successful candidate will be asked to sign in acknowledgement of receiving, reviewing, and understanding of the responsibilities and essential functions of the position as stated and the at-will status of the position.
Nevada Public Radio is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
PLEASE NOTE: All Nevada Public Radio employees and interns must receive both doses of the Moderna or Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine, or the single-dose Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 vaccine, unless granted an exemption for medical or religious reasons.