POSITION TITLE: Project Manager (Hybrid)
DEPARTMENT: Content & Operations
STATUS: Full-time, Exempt
LOCATION: Arlington, VA
SUPERVISOR: Director, Project Management
PBS Distribution (PBSd)* is a leading distributor of public media content around the world, entertaining audiences across platforms and formats. The company, a joint venture of PBS and GBH Boston, provides premium content through multiple digital channels and video services. PBS Distribution operates six subscription streaming channels — PBS Masterpiece (US and CA), PBS KIDS, PBS Living, PBS Documentaries, and PBS America (U.K.) as well as numerous Free Ad-supported Streaming TV (FAST) Channels in the U.S and U.K. In addition, the company reaches viewers through transactional video-on-demand (TVOD), subscription video-on-demand (SVOD) licensing, Advertising-based Video on Demand (AVOD), DVD and Blu-ray, theatrical releasing, educational platforms, non-theatrical and inflight sales, and serves broadcasters and producers providing program sales and co-production financing.
At PBS Distribution, we want to best represent the communities that we serve. The global community is diverse, and we are our best when we have a team that reflects that. PBS Distribution is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, celebrating, supporting, and thriving when our team is able to show up fully and authentically.
The Project Manager is responsible for overseeing and executing multiple, large scale, high visibility project initiatives. As a team member of the Content & Operations team, the Project Manager utilizes best project practices to deliver projects on time and on budget while exceeding customer expectations. This highly collaborative role works closely with internal departments and external vendors supporting projects related to supply chain, new business launches, system implementations, and process improvement which support our global portfolio of businesses.
- Manages complex initiatives that span one or more lines of business from initiation to post-implementation by partnering closely with internal and external project stakeholders.
- Develops and manages all aspects of project engagement from initial planning to managing scope, communications, resources, quality, budget, risks/issues, and project closeout.
- Gathers, defines, and helps prioritize project requirements by collaborating with stakeholders to understand end user goals; ensures essential requirements captured along with clearly defined acceptance criteria.
- Ensures project deliverables are met, such as creating and maintaining detailed project plans and status reporting; assists with gathering requirements, creating functional designs/prototypes, test plans, and other project documentation as needed.
- Contributes to implementing and standardizing industry-leading project management methodologies, practices, templates, and tools across the organization.
- Sets and continually manages scope and expectations with stakeholders.
- Builds and maintains relationships with development teams, leads, clients, and users.
- Communicates effectively with cross-functional teams, stakeholders, and management.
- Identifies areas for improvement and helps craft solutions for implementation.
- A minimum of 3-5 years of project management experience with both functional and technical projects in a fast-paced environment
- Proficient with Microsoft 365 Office
- Familiarity with project management tools (JIRA, MS Project, etc.)
- A background using SDLC/Agile project management methodologies strongly desired; Microsoft Dynamics ERP implementation a plus
- Familiarity working in a data-driven business or in the digital media industry preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree, Master’s, or equivalent work experience
- Project Management Professional (PMP) and/or Agile certification desired
- Lean Six Sigma certification or similar process improvement training is preferred
- Exceptional project management, analytical, and attention to detail skills
- Self-motivated, decisive, with the ability to adapt to change and competing demands
- Superior organizational skills with excellent follow-through and minimal supervision
- Creative and resourceful problem solver that can help identify and implement process improvements
- Strong familiarity with project management tools, PMBOK methodologies, and/or Agile best practices
- Proven ability to develop and maintain project schedule, budget, project documentation, identify and help mitigate risks/issues, stakeholder communication, resource management, manage scope and other activities that result in successful project deliveries
- Willingness to pivot, adapt to new requests and juggle multiple initiatives simultaneously
- Thoughtful, precise, clear, and accurate written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal communication, team-building, and collaboration skills
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced, multi-faceted support environment
- Proven ability to organize business needs to assist in defining project scope and gathering requirements
PBS Distribution (PBSd) is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind.
*PBS Distribution is a for-profit organization with a mission to drive profitable growth by building key partnerships and distributing inspiring content. PBS Distribution is headquartered in Arlington, VA with an additional office In Boston, MA