PBS Wisconsin seeks a dynamic, experienced fundraising professional who is inspired by the opportunity to work in public media. This is a position in a highly-effective, well-respected organization with a healthy culture of philanthropy, and a development program that has garnered national recognition for its creativity and impact.
Our next Director of Individual and Legacy Giving will join us in building on this tradition, expanding PBS Wisconsin's individual giving program by strengthening relationships with leadership donors, directly cultivating and soliciting major and planned gifts and ensuring donor retention. This is an exciting opportunity for a professional with success in individual fundraising who enjoys developing and maintaining close relationships with supporters, thrives in a vibrant workplace, and is energized by the prospect of joining a team of colleagues who have a proven commitment to fundraising and a shared passion for the work of PBS Wisconsin.
The Director of Individual & Legacy Giving directly solicits and closes major gifts with a portfolio of prospective and leadership donors throughout Wisconsin to meet PBS Wisconsin's short and long-term programming and capital project fundraising goals. This position also promotes and solicits legacy gifts through the promotion of bequests and other charitable giving vehicles with an overall goal of encouraging and increasing donors' lifetime giving value. This position Is in the Development department and reports to the Managing Director of Individual Giving.
Identifies and cultivates relationships with donor prospects at major, principal, and/or planned gift levels, develops and implements fundraising plans, and works collaboratively with other Advancement staff to meet predefined gift contribution goals.
- 50% Identifies, promotes, and maintains donor relationships and identifies solicitation opportunities specifically designed for the generation of gifts to reach program funding goals
- 15% Develops and delivers targeted fundraising and communication programs and materials specific to gift contributions in alignment with strategic initiatives
- 10% Develops and updates prospect portfolios, evaluates existing strategy and recommends improvements to leadership
- 5% Serves as a unit liaison to internal and external constituencies, provides information and represents the interests of the institution
- 10% May serve as project manager for fundraising for special projects, including serving as liaison for cross functional project teams and planning donor-related events
- 5% Integrates planned giving objectives in major and principal cultivation, solicitation and stewardship strategies
- 5% Maintains accurate, timely, and thorough portfolio donor records and contact reports to facilitate programmatic performance evaluation and preserve institutional memory
For more information and how to apply, please visit: https://jobs.wisc.edu/jobs/director-of-individual-legacy-giving-madison-wisconsin-united-states