PBS12 is a dynamic, creative place to work with talented employees having diverse backgrounds and interests who are committed to a common goal and work hard to achieve it.
The Mission of PBS12 is to share the real, personal stories of the Colorado experience that celebrate our lifestyles and tackle the issues that define our state.
PBS12 strives to fulfill this mission by:
- Exercising and supporting freedom of expression and independence from political and commercial forces.
- Respecting our viewers, members and public as, first and foremost, inquisitive and discerning citizens.
- Addressing social issues and public concerns that are not otherwise adequately covered in the community.
- Cultivating an environment of discovery, learning, collaboration, mutual regard, tolerance and civic pride.
- Encouraging experimentation, creativity, new ideas and high standards in all aspects of our work.
- Providing a safe haven for children.
- Serving under-represented interests by providing access to diverse and opposing viewpoints.
- Working cooperatively and in partnership with other organizations and interests that share our goals in the community.
- Exercising responsible stewardship of our human, fiscal and other resources.
Reporting to the Vice President of Development and Marketing, the Director of Business and Fund Development is responsible for developing and implementing fundraising strategies for PBS12. This position is a member of the leadership team and plays a key role in driving growth, impact, and revenue.
The Director of Business and Fund Development is responsible for creating and executing on all aspects of revenue including donor cultivation, gift solicitation, underwriting, corporate support and planned giving. Must have a desire to increase company revenue by identifying profitable business opportunities and developing long-term business growth strategies. The Director of Business and Fund Development should be adept at negotiating sound corporate partnerships, as well as demonstrate excellent communication, leadership, and problem-solving skills.
- Plan, develop, and execute all aspects of donor development including individual, corporate, foundation, and planned giving.
- Responsible for the development and implementation of a strategic plan to secure corporate support, identifying and securing new corporate partners while managing and elevating existing relationships.
- Develop sponsorship and underwriting strategies and revenue generation.
- Create and execute a strategic revenue growth plan annually with new prospects, inclusive of foundation, corporate, institutional partners, sponsors, individual donors, and new assets/initiatives, and actively seek and develop opportunities.
- Steward and cultivate our members, major donors, and corporate communities through outreach and events.
- Monitor financial expenditures and progress against budgetary plan and take appropriate measures to meet top and bottom-line development goals, ensuring a high ROI in meeting revenue targets.
- Effectively utilize PBS12’s CRM platforms in support of donor and business relationship management, marketing, communications, and growth.
- Develop fundraising pipelines and lead generation/build new donor and sponsor relationships as well as develop current ones.
- Attend events and other external activities to promote PBS12, some nights and weekends required.
- Facilitate, schedule, and attend one-on-one meetings with PBS12 members and community.
- Find ideal donors and sponsors from public, private, and nonprofit communities as well as individuals.
- Develop graphs and reports to show strategies and progress.
Benefits: PBS12 offers a comprehensive benefits package with 100% employer-sponsored medical, dental, LTD, and a $25k life insurance policy along with access to a Health Savings Account (HSA). Paid time off includes 11 holidays plus accrual of vacation, sick, and 3 personal days. Additionally, employees may participate in a 403b retirement plan with a 3% employer match after one year of service.
To Apply: Please send a single PDF document including cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
PBS12 is a dynamic, creative place to work. We have talented employees with diverse backgrounds and interests who are committed to a common goal and work hard to achieve it. On the air and off, in front of the cameras and behind the scenes, everyone at PBS12 plays an important role. PBS12 is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer and is actively seeking to diversify its workforce. PBS12 provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all staff and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
Please send a single PDF document including cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.