ABOUT THE JOB
The digital content producer works with reporters and editors to deliver content across our digital platforms, maintain and help manage our website, and optimize all of our content streams.
We're looking for a collaborative team player who participates in our daily newsgathering, maximizes our digital audience and produces, edits and publishes content to our website. You must have a strong understanding of news, workflow and making decisions in a fast-paced environment - all with a positive and team perspective.
We're a growing public media company with a television station, an NPR radio station and a 24/7 local news website launched one year ago. We're in the Lehigh Valley of Pennsylvania - a news-rich community whose traditional media have been battered and shrunken by layoffs and corporate ownership. Our mission: Reinvigorate our community with journalism that informs and enlightens - and beat back the shadows of a looming news desert.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Drive our success through your work with our website and digital platforms
- Produce daily and monitor other news sites.
- Work with editors to develop and implement a consistent, reliable content plan.
- Be able to work different shifts as demanded by news coverage or other editorial responsibilities.
THE STAR PROFILE- HOW DIGITAL NEWS CONTENT PRODUCERS ARE MEASURED
- Produces impactful content on their own, and in collaboration with others, to build website audience and deliver content cleanly and on time across multiple platforms
- Acts as content gatekeeper through editing, quality control and publishing of all content in managing the website workflow and layout
- Optimizes content through internal search engine optimization and social media best practices to reach wider audiences
THE IDEAL CANDIDATES ARE:
- Versatile and steady under pressure.
- Able to bloom in a startup environment and will not get frustrated or overwhelmed by the pace of growth.
- Able to shift platforms using their experience in multimedia and working with high-quality audio, video and still images.
- Versed in social media best practices and able to optimize content through social media.
- Spanish-speakers are a plus. So are team players eager to jump into breaking news or projects.
- Able to fill weekend shifts and work within assigned deadlines.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATES HAVE:
- A desire to cultivate a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment that supports the organization's values and strategic plan.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, analytic and organizational skills.
- High journalistic standards and news judgment.
- A welcoming can-do attitude to working in a creative, demanding, competitive environment.
- At least 1 year of reporting experience in a professional newsroom. Experience with the Grove content management system is a plus.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT FROM US:
- Pay within a range of $48,000 to $52,000 annually to start with annual merit increase eligibility.
- An excellent benefits package that includes 401(k) with match, medical, dental and vision insurances, free telemedicine, six types of paid time off, disability and life insurance, and more
- Professional growth through individual direction, training and development activities
- Connection with our industry through conferences and professional associations
- A culture that is supportive, respectful, inclusive, professional, and evolving
- A commitment to cultivating and sustaining a diverse and inclusive workplace that helps us represent the voices of our community
- Welcoming you to an inclusive newsroom that is dedicated to our community and making it better tomorrow than it is today
This position is based in Bethlehem, Pa., and residency in or near the Lehigh Valley is a requirement within 45 days of accepting an offer.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.