- PBS39 and WLVR 91.3 is the home of public television station PBS39/WLVT, the local NPR news station WLVR, and the television station WPPT, as well as the Lehigh Valley Reads and Battling Opioids initiatives. Lehigh Valley Public Media is the umbrella for all our brands and initiatives.
- We are a 50-year-young non-profit located 90 minutes from Manhattan and 60 minutes from Philadelphia in the rapidly growing Lehigh Valley of Pennsylvania.
- We are in an exciting new era for the organization, and we seek talented team members for these transformational new enterprises that will ensure a community that is engaged, inspired and vibrant.
- Our Mission Statement: PBS39 and WLVR 91.3 acts as the catalyst to promote civic engagement, and to fulfill the regional needs of the Greater Lehigh Valley through its dynamic communication platforms and resources.
WLVR, the NPR News/Talk station in Pennsylvania’s beautiful Lehigh Valley, is seeking a digital content producer to join its growing newsroom. The digital content producer will work with reporters on the WLVR staff to edit, write and produce content in our new content management system and website. This job takes the lead on audience engagement and distributes content across social media and on our digital platforms. The digital content producer must be versatile and steady under deadline pressure. The candidate will have strong social media skills and be capable of using those platforms as an extension of their work. Must be able to work independently and as a team. Experience with the Grove content management system is a plus.
- Produce, edit and publish stories for the web
- Manage and maintain the WLVR News website and homepage.
- Respond to breaking news and work with staffers in the field to deliver content across digital platforms.
- Create and produce a daily newsletter
- Identify top stories and trending stories and maximize them for our digital audience.
- Aggregate and optimize content from NPR, PBS, our wire services, and social media.
- Participate in daily news meetings and work with reporters and editors to schedule posts
- Identify best practices and train new hires on the CMS.
- Contribute to news projects and planning.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE NEEDED TO QUALIFY FOR THE POSITION
- At least three years of digital journalism experience, preferably in a collaborative environment, with a track record of developing/producing content for multiple platforms.
- A positive, creative and forward-looking perspective.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, analytic, and organizational skills.
- Understanding of content and distribution that connect with diverse audiences.
- Strong skills in social media best practices and ability to optimize content using Instagram, Twitter, Facebook.
- A strong understanding of managing news and making decisions in a fast-paced environment.
- Application of high journalistic standards and news judgment.
- A desire to work in a creative, demanding, competitive environment
MINIMUM DEGREE/TRAINING REQUIRED TO PERFORM POSITION’S RESPONSIBILITIES
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism/communications preferred or equivalent experience.
- Occasional need to post breaking news outside of work hours with short notice.
COMPETENCIES NEEDED FOR SUCCESS IN THE POSITION
- Excellent Communication skills
- Organization and Planning
- News Judgement
If there is no option to do so through this job posting site, please send the following via email to: email@example.com
- Cover Letter
- Salary Requirement
- (You will not be contacted unless you are a finalist)
- Please also indicate how you found out about the position
- Include the job title in the subject line.
No phone calls, please
PBS39/WLVR 91.3 is an equal opportunity employer.