Pittsburgh Community Broadcasting is looking for a Membership Support Coordinator to help us grow our strong membership department. The Membership Support Coordinator is responsible for supporting the entire Membership Department with a focus on exceptional customer service. This position will oversee daily member communication and gift entry among other membership department tasks.
What you’ll do:
- Run all daily, weekly, and monthly processes in the CRM database.
- Run and manage the monthly renewal process for annual donors which includes pulling lists and uploading to vendor websites.
- Verify and upload all online donations and transactions daily. Maintain daily incomplete transactions.
- Maintain donor records and update them as needed, run recommended processes and reports to maintain clean records.
- Coordinate credit card recapture process which includes reaching out to donors whose payments were declined.
- Reconcile payment discrepancies.
- Send out monthly invoices to donors who have pledged – including monthly reminders and pledge bills.
- Manage online donor portals including activating accounts and approving transactions requests. Serves as the main point of contact for any questions regarding online donor portals.
- Update and maintain email lists through Mailchimp.
- Run and distribute other reports as needed in addition to importing and exporting data as needed.
- Process all mail payments, create daily deposits, manage direct deposit donations, and reconcile all batches with the finance department.
- Run bi-monthly credit card and EFT payments for sustaining memberships.
- Process and enter non-membership gifts into CRM (major gifts, matching gifts, car donations, etc.).
- Respond in a timely manner to all member communications via email and phone.
- Assist with fundraising and stewardship efforts including thank you gift fulfillment.
- Assist with station membership on-air fund drives including planning, implementing and production.
- Work closely with fellow membership team members to ensure success of overall department goals, long-term growth, and donor retention.
- Attend WESA and WYEP program, cultivation and stewardship events as needed.
- Other miscellaneous duties and projects as assigned.
What we’re hoping you’ll bring:
- Strong judgement, sense of ethics, integrity, and accountability.
- Understanding of basic non-profit business finances.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Experience working with Microsoft Office and e-communication systems (Mailchimp).
- Prioritizes handling multiple projects in an organized and timely manner and has excellent communication skills.
- Enjoys collaborating with others to help ensure the organization’s financial success.
- Strong analytical skills and database management experience.
- Highly organized self-starter with excellent time management skills and a high level of attention to detail.
- High level of comfort navigating a nonprofit environment in a hybrid remote setting, including managing multiple tasks effectively and working productively to help grow the organization.
- Occasional evening and weekend work is required as well as some long days during peak fundraising times (donor events and on-air membership drives).
About Pittsburgh Community Broadcasting:
Pittsburgh Community Broadcasting is a team full of passionate and fun people dedicated to our crafts as well as our communities.
We operate two local public radio stations and a local newsroom that serves the community across radio, digital and event platforms. 90.5 WESA is Pittsburgh’s NPR News Station and WESA News is an award-winning, dynamic and ambitious newsroom serving southwestern Pennsylvania over-the-air, online and through our daily newsletter, Inbox Edition. 91.3 WYEP is one of the most highly regarded non-commercial Triple-A music stations in the country and has been a cultural institution in Pittsburgh for almost 50 years.
Our organization plays a vital role in building connections across southwestern Pennsylvania and strengthening our communities through exceptional journalism and cultural exploration and education . . . and we have a powerful broadcast network to help!
What’s it like working at PCBC?
At Pittsburgh Community Broadcasting we work hard, do great things, and have fun doing them. Our culture is collegial, and manager’s doors (if they even have one!) are always open. We recognize that people do their best when they can keep a good balance between their work and personal lives and embrace flexibility as an asset.
Our compensation packages are generous. We provide competitive base salaries in a very affordable city. The minimum salary for this position is $43,000 per year commensurate with education and experience. Our full-time exempt employees also get access to an extensive benefits package, including a generous retirement plan (with a dollar-for-dollar match of up to 6% !), medical, dental and vision, three weeks of vacation, sick time, 10 company holidays and 8 weeks of paid new parent leave. We invest in the professional growth of our team, encouraging continuing education and participation in conferences and seminars.
We are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive, equitable, and diverse environment and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Want to know more?
We believe a strong organization includes employees from a broad range of backgrounds, with different skills, experiences, and passions. And if you don’t meet every position qualification, but you have a story to tell, we’d still like to hear it. Please apply and tell us more about yourself. Visit our careers page to get more details and to apply.