Pittsburgh Community Broadcasting is looking for an Individual Giving Manager to help us grow our strong membership department. The Individual Giving Manager will partner closely with the Director of Membership in developing and implementing strategies to raise funds for 90.5 WESA and 91.3 WYEP from individuals giving up to $1,000 annually.
What you’ll do:
- Create and implement strategies that bring in new members, move members up in donation levels, and show steady increase in membership donations.
- Execute fundraising strategies including on-air messaging, direct mail, telemarketing, online giving, email and social media campaigns.
- Create and maintain appeals for acquisitions, lapsed donors, renewal series and additional gift appeals.
- Assist with station membership on-air fund drives, planning and implementing, including goals, messaging, thank-you gifts, strategies and production.
- Maintain relationships with existing vendors and negotiate any new vendor services contracts.
- Assist Director of Membership with developing and growing a mid-level giving program.
- Serve as primary community liaison for external fundraising opportunities such as Giving Tuesday and Give Big Pittsburgh.
- Oversee vehicle donations program; create, implement marketing and communication strategy to increase awareness as well develop program to convert vehicle donors to members.
- Develop and oversee strategic matching gifts program and work to develop on and off-air marketing strategies to grow this revenue stream.
- Work closely with fellow membership team members to ensure success of overall department goals, long-term growth and annual donor retention.
What we’re hoping you’ll bring:
- Strong judgement, sense of ethics, integrity and accountability.
- Strong analytical skills and database management experience.
- Highly organized self-starter with excellent time management skills and a high level of attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at once and meet deadlines as required.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Mailchimp, Canva, or compatible programs.
- Strong working knowledge of social media platforms.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- High level of comfort navigating a nonprofit environment in a hybrid remote setting, including managing multiple tasks effectively and working productively to help grow the organization.
- 3-5 years of progressive responsibility in fundraising or related experience, preferably with a focus on individual donors, direct response, and membership programs.
- Proven success in direct mail, telemarketing, email and online giving.
- Occasional evening and weekend work is required as well as some long days during peak fundraising times (on-air membership drives).
Who Are You?
You are a passionate and innovative fundraiser who loves your community! You like knowing that your work has a direct impact in making your community a better place for everyone. You take pleasure in helping your team members succeed. You love a challenge and enjoy working with a team to take them on!
Who Are We?
Pittsburgh Community Broadcasting is a team full of passionate and fun people dedicated to our crafts as well as our communities. Our organization plays a vital role in building connections across southwestern Pennsylvania and strengthening our communities through exceptional journalism and cultural exploration and education… and we have a powerful broadcast network to help!
We operate two local public radio stations and a local newsroom that serves the community across radio, digital and event platforms. 90.5 WESA is Pittsburgh’s NPR News Station and WESA News is an award winning, dynamic and ambitious newsroom serving southwestern Pennsylvania over-the-air, online and through our daily newsletter, Inbox Edition. 91.3 WYEP is one of the most highly regarded non-commercial Triple-A music stations in the country and has been a cultural institution in Pittsburgh for almost 50 years. With a combined weekly listenership of more than 153,000 people and more than 60,000 social media followers, this is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced fundraiser to help PCBC continue to grow.
What’s it like working at PCBC?
The salary range for this position is $47,000 - $61,000. As a full-time exempt employee, you get access to PCBC’s benefits package, including our retirement plan (with a match of up to 6%!), medical, dental and vision, three weeks of vacation, sick time, 10 company holidays and 8 weeks of paid new parent leave. We also offer paid parking, which is helpful when we can all get back into the office. PCBC invests in our professional growth and encourages continuing education and participation in conferences and seminars.
We place a high priority on employee safety and well-being; given the current COVID-19 pandemic, some employees continue to work primarily at the Community Broadcast Center — our headquarters in the heart of Pittsburgh’s historic South Side — and others have maintained a hybrid approach with much of the work being done remotely. PCBC is working on a plan for the future of how we work together in a post pandemic world.
PCBC is committed to creating an inclusive and diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Want to know more?
We believe a strong organization includes employees from a range of backgrounds, with different skills, experience, and passions. If you do not meet every position qualification but have some of these skills and feel you could be the right candidate for the job, we would like to hear from you. Please apply and tell us more about yourself. Visit our careers page to get more details and to apply.