Major Giving Officer – Pittsburgh Community Broadcasting
STATUS: Full-time, exempt
REPORTS TO: Director, Major Giving
The Major Giving Officer will play a key role in generating philanthropic gifts to ensure the continued growth and long-term financial stability at Pittsburgh Community Broadcasting Corporation (PCBC). Reporting to the Director of Major Giving, the Major Giving Officer will implement strategies to identify, qualify, cultivate and solicit annual and planned gifts primarily from individuals and families. Responsibilities include coordinating efficient and effective workflow for the major giving program, fostering positive relationships with major donors, and managing a portfolio of prospects. The ideal candidate is passionate about the mission, the value of public media and advancing their expertise in philanthropy.
- Work with Director of Major Giving to nurture long-term relationships with current and prospective major donors, deepen their commitment to the mission and meet revenue goals.
- Provide excellent donor services and stewardship to strengthen relationships, demonstrate appreciation and inspire positive experiences.
- Manage relationships with 200 – 400 current and prospective donors giving $1,000 - $2,499 annually through active communication and engagement.
- Utilize the development CRM and wealth screening tools to manage donor information, create profiles, produce correspondence, track moves management and run reports.
- Promptly acknowledge gifts and facilitate annual tax receipts for all major donors.
- Serve as the department’s primary CRM manager to ensure accurate segmentation, record management and reporting.
- Systematize moves management steps to support the efficient and effective identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of major donors.
- Employ Mailchimp for routine communication including personalized impact reports, invitations, and other email correspondence.
- Participate in the development and implementation of major donor cultivation events.
- Conduct prospect research as directed, utilizing cultivation history in database.
- Keep up to date with tax laws pertinent to charitable giving and keep current on community issues that pertain to WESA and WYEP and their mission.
- Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships.
- Perform special functions as needed.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Highly organized self-starter with excellent time management skills and attention to detail.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong judgement, sense of ethics, integrity and accountability.
- Able to work independently and collaboratively within a team.
- Experience soliciting individuals by phone and/or in person.
- Must be technologically proficient with Microsoft Office products, Mailchimp (or other email systems) and comfortable learning new technologies.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality, discretion and to interact well with colleagues, donors and external constituents.
- Experience in database administration and/or managing donor records.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at once and meet deadlines as required.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Philanthropy, Communications or relevant field of study; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 5+ years of experience in fundraising or related experience, preferably with a focus on individual and/or major giving.
- Occasional evening and weekend work is required.
- Honesty and integrity in all dealings.
- Enthusiasm for the mission of PCBC, its stations and philanthropy.
About Pittsburgh Community Broadcasting
Pittsburgh Community Broadcasting is a team full of passionate and fun people dedicated to our crafts as well as our communities.
We operate two local public radio stations and a local newsroom that serves the community across radio, digital and event platforms. 90.5 WESA is Pittsburgh’s NPR News Station and WESA News is an award-winning, dynamic and ambitious newsroom serving southwestern Pennsylvania over-the-air, online and through our daily newsletter, Inbox Edition. 91.3 WYEP is one of the most highly regarded non-commercial Triple-A music stations in the country and has been a cultural institution in Pittsburgh for almost 50 years.
Our organization plays a vital role in building connections across southwestern Pennsylvania and strengthening our communities through exceptional journalism and cultural exploration and education . . . and we have a powerful broadcast network to help!
What’s it like working at PCBC?
At Pittsburgh Community Broadcasting we work hard, do great things, and have fun doing them. Our culture is collegial, and manager’s doors (if they even have one!) are always open. We recognize that people do their best when they can keep a good balance between their work and personal lives and embrace flexibility as an asset.
Our compensation packages are generous. We provide competitive base salaries in a very affordable city. The minimum compensation for the Major Giving Officer position is $53,000, commensurate with experience and ability. Our full-time exempt employees also get access to an extensive benefits package, including a generous retirement plan (with a dollar-for-dollar match of up to 6% !), medical, dental and vision, three weeks of vacation, sick time, 10 company holidays and 8 weeks of paid new parent leave. We invest in the professional growth of our team, encouraging continuing education and participation in conferences and seminars.
We are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive, equitable, and diverse environment and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Want to know more?
We believe a strong organization includes employees from a broad range of backgrounds, with different skills, experiences, and passions. And if you don’t meet every position qualification, but you have a story to tell, we’d still like to hear it. Please apply and tell us more about yourself. Visit our careers page to get more details and to apply.