Account Executive, representing Pittsburgh’s NPR station 90.5 WESA and Music station 91.3 WYEP.
This is an exciting opportunity for a high-impact media salesperson to do work that matters by helping grow media sponsorship sales for Pittsburgh Community Broadcasting’s stations 90.5 WESA and 91.3 WYEP.
The Account Executive will be a part of a collaborative and successful sales team. Use your strong relationship selling skills and develop win-win solutions for our sponsors as they align their brands with the highly valued and trusted resource of public media in Pittsburgh.
- Work within in a team-based collaborative department to achieve department and organizational goals.
- Prospecting, cold calling, appointment setting, presenting and selling corporate underwriting for both 91.3 WYEP and 90.5 WESA, including digital assets and events.
- Effectively develop new business while managing an assigned list of accounts.
- Responsible for weekly/monthly activity tracking, projecting and forecasting future results, and reports of sales activity.
- Maintain accurate client and prospect files and records that are current, organized and accessible on Saleforce platform.
- Schedule on premise sales calls with prospective and current clients to represent PCBC, WESA and WYEP at all levels of organizations.
- Responsible for exceeding monthly, quarterly and annual sales goals.
- Qualify accounts based on research, background in the Pittsburgh area market, and/or experience with decision makers.
- Planning comprehensive marketing campaigns for underwriting partners.
- Adhere to accounting department payment and collection procedures.
- Complete understanding and observance of the FCC rules and regulations as it relates to underwriting messaging in a noncommercial setting.
- Maintain current knowledge of radio ratings and digital metrics.
- Represent organization at community networking events.
- Understand the unique nature of public radio to be able to effectively advocate for the products and services.
Ideal Candidate Profile:
Candidates should demonstrate most, if not all, of the following:
- Possess a genuine interest in learning about people and businesses.
- Possess a genuine interest in public media and the roles played by WESA and WYEP in our community,
- Understands and uses broadcast research such as Nielsen and qualitative research such as Scarborough.
- Experience tracking and reporting sales activity through Wide Orbit Traffic, Salesforce, or similar programs.
- Highly motivated and creative with knowledge of required marketing skills and a willingness to develop through training.
- Capable of working effectively in a highly collaborative culture.
- An excellent communicator, with the ability to write and present in a professional and motivating manner.
- Excellent customer service skills and customer relationship management skills.
- A thorough understanding of media sales and media planning.
- Effective time management skills, with the ability to handle multiple tasks and clients simultaneously.
- Minimum of three years of proven success in advertising or business to business sales experience (ideally in media or the non-profit sector).
- Successful record of cultivating, managing, and retaining new business.
- Uncompromising honesty and integrity.
- Enthusiasm for the mission of PCBC and its stations.
About Pittsburgh Community Broadcasting:
Pittsburgh Community Broadcasting is a team full of passionate and fun people dedicated to our crafts as well as our communities. Our organization plays a critical role in building connections across southwestern Pennsylvania and strengthening our communities – and WESA’s journalism and a relentless focus on the issues that matter are just two of the ways in which we work to inform and engage our communities. In recent years, WESA’s newsroom and its journalists have been honored with significant awards in national, state and regional competitions for journalism excellence, including Regional Edward R. Murrow Awards – among the most prestigious in broadcast and digital news. In 2022, the Pennsylvania NewsMedia Association named WESA their “Outstanding Large-Market Radio News Operation” for the third year in a row.
We operate two local public radio stations and a local newsroom that serves the community across radio, digital and event platforms. 90.5 WESA is Pittsburgh’s NPR News Station and WESA News is an award-winning, dynamic and ambitious newsroom serving southwestern Pennsylvania over-the-air, online and through our daily newsletter, Inbox Edition. 91.3 WYEP is one of the most highly regarded non-commercial Triple-A music stations in the country and has been a cultural institution in Pittsburgh for almost 50 years.
Our organization plays a vital role in building connections across southwestern Pennsylvania and strengthening our communities through exceptional journalism and cultural exploration and education . . . and we have a powerful broadcast network to help!
Pittsburgh Community Broadcasting is committed to creating and maintaining a diverse, inclusive and equitable workplace and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status.
Our compensation packages are generous. We provide competitive compensation in a very affordable city. This position has a compensation package comprised of a base salary plus commission.
Pittsburgh Community Broadcasting Corporation offers an excellent benefits package that includes health, dental and vision benefits, 403(b) plan (with a dollar-for-dollar match of up to 6% !), paid vacation and holidays, maternity and new parent leave, and a workplace culture that is fun, diverse and innovative. We are currently working in a hybrid setting.
We believe a strong organization includes employees from a broad range of backgrounds, with different skills, experiences, and passions. And if you don’t meet every position qualification, but you have a story to tell, we’d still like to hear it. Please apply and tell us more about yourself. Visit our careers page to get more details and to apply.
In your application, please let us know how you heard about the position.
This position is available immediately, and the search for candidates may be terminated without notice. No phone calls, please.