Education Services Associate
About Prairie Public
Prairie Public Broadcasting is the largest public media organization in the region, a joint licensee member-station of both NPR and PBS. We provide multi-platform access to informative and inspiring local, national, and international programming with diverse viewpoints, world class performances, and lifelong learning opportunities.
Prairie Public serves all of North Dakota, a significant portion of northwestern Minnesota, and areas of other neighboring states and provinces, via television and radio broadcast and digital platforms.
Prairie Public is also committed to providing Education Services in the region by providing resources and content for educators, students and the community.
About the Role
Prairie Public Broadcasting is seeking a dynamic, team oriented individual to join our education department as an Education Services Associate. Responsibilities include promoting education-related content for multimedia platforms, collaboration promoting national and regional education resources designed to cultivate knowledge, enrich lives and extend the impact of public media, and provide professional development for K-12 educators and other stakeholders.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities Include:
- Manage partnerships with schools, community groups, and any other entities necessary to meet the goals of approved projects and programs.
- Work with educators to facilitate content, including in-person and virtual communications and presentations.
- Maintain Prairie Public’s presence on PBS LearningMedia and other education media including adding new content and new lessons.
- Upload education-related content to a variety of website platforms and social media platforms.
- Plan, implement and manage content from online education events.
- Work as part of a creative, collaborative team of professionals.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Minimum Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- Experience planning and leading others in learning activities, presenting to a group and effective public speaking.
- Strong computer skills.
- Excellent writing, communication, time management and organizational skills.
- Able to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Must have a valid driver's license, an acceptable Motor vehicle report (MVR), and be insurable for driving station vehicles.
- 3 - 5 years' prior experience.
- Proficiency with video recording and live streaming on multiple platforms.
- Proficiency with graphic design applications.
- Skills and experience working with education technology, digital media creation tools, applications, website and social media platforms.
- Ability to effectively tell stories and consistently communicate a brand through video, audio, graphics and copywriting.
- Good community networking and people skills.
TO APPLY: Submit your cover letter, resume, professional references to:
Prairie Public Broadcasting
207 North 5th St
PO Box 3240
Fargo, ND 58108-3240