Product Success Manager
Department: Station Strategy & Development
Corporate Area: Station Services
Supervisor: Director, Station Products & Innovation
We are looking for a Product Success Manager to manage PBS Digital’s portfolio of scalable technology products for member stations, including Media Manager, TV Listings, mobile & OTT apps, and related products. This position serves as a customer success liaison between PBS Digital’s product teams and PBS member stations, designing rollout and training methods, providing strategy assistance in support of station goals, and advocating for product feature growth. This position works with the Station Relations & Communications team to create and carry out marketing plans.
The Station Products & Innovation (SPI) team works to maximize the quality and impact of PBS Digital’s product and service offerings. PBS develops and maintains a suite of software products on behalf of member stations and producers. The SPI team strives to improve PBS member station success in reaching new audiences, engaging their audiences across platforms, and opening new opportunities for revenue.
Key responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Act as lead stakeholder on behalf of member stations to PBS Digital product leads and teams, managing and prioritizing station feedback and use data to build business case justifications for further digital product enhancements.
- Manage PBS Digital’s relationships with member stations to provide:
- product rollout, training, and continuing implementation resources
- guidance on use and deployment of PBS Digital tools and products.
- strategic advice for stations’ senior management (e.g., CEOs, GMs, and Executive Directors).
- advocacy for stations/stakeholders to internal product managers and developers.
- Collaborate with the Director, Station Products & Innovation and PBS senior management to carry out related strategic projects on behalf of PBS Digital and Station Services, including developing deployment plans for new or enhanced product releases and implementing those plans on behalf of senior management when assigned.
- Gather and interpret information about stations’ product use and needs; communicate that information to appropriate PBS Digital Product Managers and senior leadership; as needed, work with other PBS Digital teams to develop and implement solutions and/or new initiatives that improve stations’ experience with Digital products.
- Independently engage member stations as partners to gather and aggregate input on products and services (available from PBS Digital or other sources).
- Provide regular project updates, including station on-boarding status for PBS Digital staff.
- Organize events promoting collaboration among PBS member stations, such as in-person training, station summits, annual conferences, and strategic consultations.
- Advocate for all stations, ensuring that their capacity needs are communicated throughout PBS
- Promote an environment of collaboration and inclusion, ensuring programs and projects are represented by a diverse group of voices.
- Represent PBS Station Services at system meetings and conferences as assigned
- Perform other duties as assigned
Requirements for success:
- 5+ years of progressively responsible work experience in product management and development, business analysis, or other fields involving digital media and technology.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, media, technology, marketing, or related field preferred. An equivalent combination of education and work experience may be considered.
- An understanding of public broadcasting station or non-profit membership organization operations. Prior employment, or extensive interaction with public media stations, is highly valued.
- A strong background in digital technologies, specifically video technologies. Familiarity with current SaaS, IasS, and PaaS-like technologies, as well as the Customer Success model that supports such products
- A strong customer service orientation, relational intelligence, and experience in stakeholder management between customers.
- Solution minded thinker who can assess situations and identify solutions.
- Ability to communicate at all levels of the organization (including senior management and peer groups) on issues of product strategy and ongoing station communications. Including the ability to communicate with technical and non-technical audiences
- Knowledge of the digital media, distribution and streaming landscape, including current industry and user trends, emerging technologies, and standards
- Ability to analyze and gather both quantitative and qualitative data, and to present findings and recommendations
- Excellent management and people skills
- Ability to work quickly in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment
- Attention to detail and pride in high-quality execution of work
- Enthusiastic and energetic collaborator who is excited about the possibilities afforded by new technologies
- Must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccination by date of hire to be considered. Proof of vaccination required.
PBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer in accordance with the EEOC and the Commonwealth of Virginia.