Multimedia Journalist - Rocky Mountain Public Media
If you like standing by the side of the road during a snowstorm, this job is not for you. If you thrive on non- stop deadlines, this job is not for you.
If you want to do meaningful work as a public media journalist with strong connections to the community, this job IS for you!
We are looking for a smart, curious, creative, and experienced Multimedia Journalist at Rocky Mountain Public Media. This position maintains strong connections in the local community and creates informative community content. The position requires cultivating contacts with Colorado communities who need to be seen and heard. The Multimedia Journalist creates an open door for people to share their stories and has the skills to bring those stories to multiple platforms.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Responsible for daily production of responsive content and special project work when required.
- Shoots, edits, and/or writes content for multiple platforms of RMPM to help further the mission of creating a Colorado where everyone is seen and heard.
- Engages with communities in Colorado to create an open door for content. Meet with community leaders to listen to and hear story ideas. Represents RMPM at community events.
- Uses solid news judgment with the ability to see and recognize stories.
- Actively participates in RMPM's Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) training program. Uses key standards and teachings of DEI training when producing daily responsive content generation.
- Shoots and edits stories and full programs when necessary while following PBS, NPR, and FCC technical standards.
- Assists with acquisition of intellectual property licenses and other necessary rights and releases.
- Vets all story resources with industry-standard or greater editorial integrity.
- Works closely with content team and regional producers on special projects on all stages of the production process from story development through post-production.
- Shoots drone footage for various productions and series.
- Other tasks as assigned and/or required.
Minimum Qualifications of Position
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field with strong evidence of achievement is preferred.
- Must possess strong experience and skills with video producing abilities (editing and shooting)
- Solid writing and copy-editing skills are required.
- Must be able to utilize strong research skills.
- Strong experience with digital/social platforms is required.
- A mix of demonstrated skills, abilities and knowledge may be considered in place of educational requirements.
Additional Qualifications of Position
- Must be able to work both independently and as a collaborative and productive team member.
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work professionally and productively with persons at all levels.
- Must possess exceptional time management, decision making and organizational skills.
- A drone license and/or experience is preferred.
- Must possess a valid driver's license and an acceptable MVR; must be insurable for driving station vehicles.
PROCEDURE FOR APPLICATION: Persons interested in this position must apply at https://www.rmpbs.org/about/jobs/ Please submit the following items:
- A cover letter detailing how the applicant's qualifications fit the needs of RMPM and information on how the applicant found out about the job opening.
- A resume detailing education, training, and employment experience.
Position will be posted until filled. No phone calls please. KRMA-TV/KTSC-TV/KRMJ-TV/KRMU-TV/KRMZ-TV and KUVO-FM/KVJZ-FM are licensed to and operated by Rocky Mountain Public Media, Inc. as non-commercial public television and radio. Rocky Mountain Public Media, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.