Rocky Mountain Public Media, Inc. (RMPM) is the parent company of Rocky Mountain PBS, KUVO Jazz and The Drop. Over a million Coloradans turn to Rocky Mountain PBS, KUVO Jazz and The Drop to discover provocative and inspiring local, national and international programming; find diverse viewpoints; score front row center seats to world-class performances; and experience lifelong learning opportunities every month.
Rocky Mountain Public Media's (RMPM) Philanthropy Officer is a front-line fundraising professional responsible for securing funds for the organization by strategically managing a portfolio of prospects and donors with a giving potential of five figures or more. The Officer creates and maintains relationships, connecting donor interests to RMPM's priorities and includes identifying, qualifying, cultivating, soliciting and stewarding major and planned gift prospects and donors. Retaining and upgrading existing donors through strategic engagement and stewardship is expected. This person is detail and goal oriented, with demonstrated skill in relationship building, project support, information management, and verbal and written communication. The Officer will work closely with the VP Leadership Giving to increase annual revenue, identify new sources for support, and drive the major and planned giving strategy.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- 85%--Manage portfolio of qualified major and planned gift donors and prospects and develops philanthropic proposals in support of RMPM's strategic priorities; develop donor strategies, along with appropriate materials, to renew and upgrade donor gifts.
- 15%--Regularly and accurately update donor records in accordance with moves management process and data integrity policies.
- Manage a portfolio of donors and prospects capable of five- and six-figure gifts for general operating, programmatic, and capital support resulting in increased annual revenue year-over-year.
- Implement programs/activities (in tandem with Board members and RMPM leadership) to identify, cultivate, solicit, and steward donors targeted at the $5,000 level or higher.
- Engage donors/prospects through meetings, events and written communications. Conduct face-to-face meetings with donors weekly to provide impact updates, Buell Public Media Center tours, and make funding requests. Conduct cultivation meetings and collaborate with colleagues to deepen donor relationships and on the development and implementation of cultivation and stewardship activities.
- Develop and implement stewardship plan and strategies, in partnership with major gifts team, that retain major and planned giving donors and cultivate new prospects. Create strategies for re-engagement of lapsed donors, and for stewardship and engagement of current supporters.
- Identify potential planned giving prospects within assigned donor portfolio or through acquisition strategies and partner with relevant staff to solicit those prospects.
- Create individual goals and strategy plans for each prospect and donor in portfolio, based on the donor's history of giving and the organization's knowledge of that donor's potential. Prepares written proposals, informational materials, gift agreements, gift illustrations and other duties to engage supporters.
- Meet monthly and quarterly benchmarks and goals based on activity with prospects/donors and dollars raised. Maintain donor meeting reports and current information regarding donor correspondence, meetings and other activities in database (Salesforce).
- Conduct portfolio review regularly, and partner with colleagues to engage supporters and maximize relationships.
- Collaborate with VP of Leadership Giving on new revenue opportunities and on major and planned gift strategy. Assist in other financial development projects as assigned.
- Represent RMPM in the community and actively participate in networking and professional development opportunities, such as AFP and CPGR.
- Collaborate with colleagues to stay apprised of organizational initiatives and priorities to support and deepen donor relationships. Partner with colleagues and Philanthropy team for cultivation and stewardship of major and planned gift donors.
- Create and pull reports in Salesforce database for use in prospecting, portfolio management, event management, and revenue tracking.
- Assist in the creation and execution of team events.
- Performs other tasks as assigned and/or required.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in sales and/or fundraising is necessary.
- Bachelor's degree in Journalism, English, Marketing, Communications, or a related field is required.
- Strong portfolio management skills with a demonstrated experience in identifying and qualifying major and planned gift donors.
- Must have a successful track record of closing five-figure gifts; six-figure gifts a plus.
- Knowledge of and experience in securing planned gifts and in working on Capital Campaigns.
- Proven success inspiring people and managing positive working relationships with boards, volunteers, and staff to meet organizational goals.
- Demonstrated ability providing exceptional customer service to donors and community stakeholders. Must possess strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work professionally and productively with persons at all levels.
- A sophisticated and comprehensive understanding of fundraising principles and practices, and a demonstrated high level of professionalism, collegiality, self-motivation, and success in fundraising.
- Must possess excellent verbal, written, and presentation communication skills; great attention to detail; the ability to process and maintain confidential information; and develop strong relationships with both internal and external constituencies to promote a positive collaborative spirit across the organization's network.
- Experience with donor management software experience is required (i.e., Salesforce, Raiser's Edge etc.).
- Demonstrated experience with prospect research and identifying and qualifying major and planned gift donors.
- Highly proficient and demonstrated knowledge and experience with Office 365 (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and other Microsoft apps such as SharePoint is required.
- Must be able to work both independently and as a collaborative and productive team member.
- Must possess exceptional time management, decision making and organizational skills.
- Must model the following core culture attributes:
- Aspires to engage a diverse community in ways that build mutual trust and respect. Takes seriously our responsibility to operate with the highest level of transparency, accountability, and inclusivity.
- Engages our staff, supporters, and the Colorado community with the genuine intent to listen, build understanding, and inspire meaningful conversations.
- Collaboration must be embraced equally by the individual and the organization in all we do, and in our relationships throughout the communities we serve.
- A mix of demonstrated skills, abilities and knowledge may be considered in place of educational requirements.
- Experience with crafting gift proposals resulting in five and six-figure gifts from individuals.
- Strong prospect research skills and experience in working with DonorSearch.
- Thorough knowledge of estate and charitable gift planning.
- Advocate for public media and community centric fundraising.
PROCEDURE FOR APPLICATION: Persons interested in this position must apply at https://rmpbs.isolvedhire.com/jobs/427638.html Please submit the following items:
- A cover letter detailing how the applicant's qualifications fit the needs of RMPM and information on how the applicant found out about the job opening.
- A resume detailing education, training, and employment experience.
Position will be posted until filled. No phone calls please. KRMA-TV/KTSC-TV/KRMJ-TV/KRMU-TV/KRMZ-TV and KUVO-FM/KVJZ-FM are licensed to and operated by Rocky Mountain Public Media, Inc. as non-commercial public television and radio.
This position works primarily in an office environment. This position must be able to work a flexible schedule with occasional long hours including some evenings and weekends. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The position requires the ability to lift and carry up to 10 lbs. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EEO STATEMENT: Rocky Mountain Public Media embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. As such, Rocky Mountain Public Media does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.