Who We Are:
Southern California Public Radio (SCPR) is a member-supported public media network whose mission is to strengthen the civic and cultural bonds that unite Southern California's diverse communities by providing the highest quality news and information service on air at 89.3 KPCC, online at LAist.com and through KPCC In Person. Since our founding in 1999, SCPR has been a fast growing, innovative, multi-platform public service newsroom. Every day, our staff helps audiences catch up on the latest headlines, solve the complexities of life in Southern California, and connect curious communities to one another.
Working with the Development Services Manager, the Development Services Coordinator will support the major giving, planned giving, membership and institutional giving teams. Utilizing Salesforce and other databases, they will interpret giving history, track revenue, update spreadsheets and account information, and assist ongoing stewardship efforts.
The pay rate for this opportunity will be no less than $23.25 per hour. Exact pay rate determined by experience and education related to the role, organizational compensation structure and internal equity.
- Assist the Development Services Manager with donor stock transfers, ensuring timely and accurate reporting and transfer of stock payments.
- Process matching gift forms received in the mail and via email.
- Support the major gifts, planned giving, and institutional giving teams on account-related questions, annual projects, track and update giving opportunities, and additional database questions, cases, or problems.
- Assist on annual revenue projections, including major donor giving opportunities; update revenue and donor tracking spreadsheets, tying the information back into Salesforce
- Assist the Development Services Manager in creating and implementing a schedule for regularly needed reports, data tracking, metrics, and analytics.
- Handle donor acknowledgments for major and planned giving, and review daily check deposit batches for additional documentation required by donors
- Assist development team members in understanding donor records, payments, and pledges, including pledge/payment adjustments, cancellations, thank you gifts, merges, and other requests.
- Assist in coordinating and organizing semi-annual wealth screening
- Research problems and provide resolution/information to major and planned giving, membership, institutional giving, and the CRM team.
- Cross-train and backfill with the Development Operations team as needed.
- Work closely with the Development Operations team to help run regular reports and filter requests
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 2 years experience working in fundraising or philanthropy
- Experience using Microsoft Office - Word, Excel, Outlook, and other software.
- Experience working in CRMs or databases.
Required Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
- Excellent critical thinking and analytical skills.
- Proficient in working with numbers and data with a high accuracy rate.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Detail-oriented with excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent customer service skills and a friendly and professional attitude.
- Ability to successfully communicate and work remotely with other team members.
- Ability to independently prioritize multiple tasks and complete work within deadlines.
- Strong service ethic and the ability to contribute to the overall quality of the department.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Knowledge of donor relational database systems.
- Experience working with Salesforce
- Knowledge of the various aspects of nonprofit giving, such as annual funds, major gifts, donor advised funds, and acknowledgments.
- Bookkeeping or other accounting experience.
- Interest in/knowledge of nonprofit organizations and public broadcasting.
Reporting To This Position: None
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
- Must be able to perform the essential duties of the position with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Ability to manage some work outside of standard office hours as needed.
- Physical Demands:
- Required to move about in an office environment and sit for extended periods of time
- Required to move about in the community
- Frequent use of hands for data entry/keystrokes and simple grasping
- Working Conditions:
- Moderate noise level
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We are committed to hiring a breadth of diverse professionals and encourage members of diverse groups to appl