Who We Are:
Southern California Public Radio (SCPR) is a member-supported public media network whose mission is to strengthen the civic and cultural bonds that unite Southern California's diverse communities by providing the highest quality news and information service on air at 89.3 KPCC, online at LAist.com and through KPCC In Person. Since our founding in 1999, SCPR has been a fast growing, innovative, multi-platform public service newsroom. Every day, our staff helps audiences catch up on the latest headlines, solve the complexities of life in Southern California, and connect curious communities to one another.
The Facilities Coordinator assists the Facilities Manager to support all SCPR facilities. This position works with Facilities Manager to ensure the facilities remains safe, secure, and well-maintained. The Facilities Coordinator will be the first point of contact for internal and external customers seeking support and information. This position coordinates, schedules, and assists with all intra-building space needs and relocations and maintains the public spaces throughout the building. This position also oversees outside contractors as directed, handles records archiving, equipment parts ordering and purchase order generation. Additionally, this position will respond to general maintenance requests and crisis situations. Seasonal duties include, grounds keeping.
The pay rate for this opportunity will be no less than $26.04 per hour. Exact pay rate determined by experience and education related to the role, organizational compensation structure and internal equity.
- Manage all aspects of inter-building space moves (individual and department), including advising leadership of feasibility, scheduling and budgeting with division staff and outside contractors. Interface with employees to determine space needs and anticipate equipment and furniture needs.
- Administer physical access to the facility including keys, building access cards and reporting.
- Assist with communications, vendor relationships, enforcement, and resolutions for parking.
- Propose and maintain emergency response plans including evacuation implementation.
- Manage, procure, and stock office supplies, stationary, and building supplies.
- Ensure appropriate follow up with customers and administrative tasks.
- Maintain up-to-date floorplans.
- Create name plates for all new hires.
- Active oversight of various outside contractors/vendors and inspect completed work to ensure all expectations are met. (Alarm/Life Safety, Pest Control, Generator, security, furniture, trash/recycling, disposal, coffee and vending services, etc.)
- Collaborate with internal departments to ensure compliance with ADA, OSHA, and other relevant regulations.
- Move and install basic office furniture or coordinate respective task utilizing vendors.
- Light mechanical repairs, low-voltage electrical, and plumbing repairs, painting, building deep cleaning.
- Maintain groundskeeping.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience:
- 1+ years of facilities experience
- Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Excellent problem-solving abilities
- Experience in customer service environment
- Experience with office furniture systems
- Experience working with fire, police and emergency/employee safety protocols
- Experience in purchasing of building maintenance supplies
- Valid driver’s license required
Required Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Demonstrated ability and experience with MS Office, MS Outlook, Visio, Adobe Acrobat, and be willing to learn new software applications
- Knowledge of repair methods and maintenance practices for building systems, furnishings, and equipment
- Knowledge of materials, tools, methods, and equipment used in building trades
- Knowledge of work safety practices
- Familiarity with HVAC systems, electrical systems, and all-around mechanical skills
- Excellent organizational skills; effective with details and deadlines
- Ability to quickly analyze, troubleshoot and resolve specific problems
- Ability to work independently while maintaining effective communication and accountability
- Strong coordination, planning, and communication skills – both written and verbal
- Customer service oriented and attentive to detail
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with facility users, contractors and vendors
- Solid interpersonal skills with the demonstrated ability to develop and maintain productive relationships at all levels of the organization
- Ability to plan and anticipate needs and be confident, self-motivated and a self-starter
- Willingness to be flexible, adapt to changing priorities and work under pressure
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Knowledge of industry-specific best practices and applications
- Project management experience
Reporting To This Position: N/A
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
- Must be able to perform the essential duties of the position with or without reasonable accommodation
- Physical Demands:
- Required to move about in an office environment
- Required to move about in the community
- Reach with hands and arms
- Balance, stoop, kneel, or crouch
- Frequent use of hands for data entry/keystrokes and simple grasping
- Required to lift up to 50 pounds
- Required to climb up to 40’ ladders and work on elevated platform lifts
- Expected to be available “on-call” and be able to work occasional evenings and/or weekends
- Working Conditions:
- Moderate noise level
- Occasional exposure to prevalent weather conditions
- 24/7 on-call rotation as required
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We are committed to hiring a breadth of diverse professionals and encourage members of diverse groups to apply.